Re: [CGTX002] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part Two

Post by Themis »

i think these are no vinyl rips :D
BrokenBo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BrokenBo »

well i just wondered, because i read somewhere that the original masters are lost.....
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

BrokenBo wrote:Are These Tracks pressed from the Original Masters Ort just Vinyl rips? Sry if already discussed before.
Dude, it's not like it's some dodgy unofficial bootleg pressed in a sweatshop by a bunch of illegal immigrants. Do you really think Chiwax would compromise their reputation by releasing sh!t quality vinyl rips?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

and then make a 10 part series out of vinylrips haha :D
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Papa Bear wrote: Dude, it's not like it's some dodgy unofficial bootleg pressed in a sweatshop by a bunch of illegal immigrants. Do you really think Chiwax would compromise their reputation by releasing sh!t quality vinyl rips?
hahaha :lol:

just to clarify again:

robert drewek had contact to an agency called powis music. powis music manage the rights of tracks from several artits amongst others spencer.

Robert dealt with them and paid for the licences. All legal deals here, no piracy. Got that information from a person who gave robert the contact to powis music. maybe he gets a copy of the pressing matrix, copies of the DAT Tapes or just wave files.

so maybe the vinyl is exactly the same as the originals instead with relief, classic or what have you labels

in case of remastered or something the repress is different of course.
BrokenBo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BrokenBo »

Maybe "vinyl rips" was not the right word. Just wanted to get sure that these are legit represses from the original Masters.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Yes it is
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
whatever wrote:regarding an earlier discussion about these represses of gemini, i am wondering if this will lower the prices for the original releases...

why you need the originals? as you wrote, you are satisfied with the represses. meanwhile the last record shops and collectors knows what they have...Hard Biz
i'm very happy with the represses, as i stated before. i was just curious about how the "market" of the originals will move