[MU 2] Jovonn - Stump It EP

- wax
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [MU 2] Jovonn - Stump It EP

Post by dirddey_iddler »

i think it was 4-6 years back. The Discogs Rating was 4.5 with 40 have / 30 want, no copy for sale since months. i paid 40€ finally for it.

Some weeks later Zip played this at a Perlon Night, Ricardo and Rarseh at some Festivals. Beginnig from that, the have and wants were increased fastly. When Copies popped up at Discogs, they were for sale up to 200€.

Mr. Thomas Wendel aka Don Williams should know it better as a Vinyl Addict. For me its just a money making thing.

Okay he get the credits of his afford of this rerelease (if he wouldnt do that, another one would do it), with the promotion of Zip, Ricardo, Raresh and Discogs he won`t make losses.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

dirddey_iddler wrote:so sad :(

remember the days when i got my original copy.
Mate, it's sad indeed. But there's not much we can do about it. It seems like a lot of old rare records are getting repressed this year. Hell, even C-Rock is apparently gonna be repressing his Funky Dope Trakk soon (that's what he claims). That's not very good news for all those people who have the original EP (myself included).
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

The Whining Brigade in full force... "Oh noes, they repressed the record i already have!"...
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i could understand the sadness if you bought the record like one week before the repress..

but beeing sad years after your purchase is simply ridiculous to me.. why do you guys buy records? because they are rare or because you wanna have it, play it and listen to it?
Last edited by roland on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

breton wrote:The Whining Brigade in full force... "Oh noes, they repressed the record i already have!"...
for a guy who buy represses to fit up his collection of superb vinyl and mp3, not bad
Last edited by dirddey_iddler on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

roland wrote:i could understand the sadness if you bought the record like one week before the repress..

beeing sad years after your purchase is simply ridiculous to me.. why do you guys buy records? because they are rare or because you wanna have it, play it and listen to it?

if you buy records before the hype of "get everything now and immediatly" (and not part of it, as some of the previous poster) you would understand it.

you are satisfied with a repress? its fine for you. for myself, i have a higher aspiration.

read correctly, pls
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

What exactly is your 'higher aspiration'? None of what you wrote makes any sense.

updated after dirddey edited his post
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
roland wrote:i could understand the sadness if you bought the record like one week before the repress..

beeing sad years after your purchase is simply ridiculous to me.. why do you guys buy records? because they are rare or because you wanna have it, play it and listen to it?

if you buy records before the hype of "get everything now and immediatly" (and not part of it, as some of the previous poster) you would understand it.

you are satisfied with a repress? its fine for you. for myself, i have a higher aspiration.

read correctly, pls

you bought it years ago for crying out loud! you have had at least 5 years worth of thinking you're special because you own this record. the fact that you don't want other people to enjoy the record because of money says a lot about you.