production contest [royalty-free loops and hits]

- ask away
forcesupreme
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by forcesupreme »

Great inspiring samples, thanks alot.

How do you work? You just record anything you like? With what kind of software do you process them?
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

software

Post by Andrew Duke »

forcesupreme wrote:Great inspiring samples, thanks alot.

How do you work? You just record anything you like? With what kind of software do you process them?
Thanks, Forcesupreme.
I record field recordings with a MicroTrack 24/96 portable recorder
and an Edirol stereo shotgun CS-50 mic. Recording sessions are done with an M-Audio Solaris condensor mic (and other mics) into an EMU1616M into my Toshiba Satellite P10 laptop (noisey fan that operates 50% of the time, but otherwise OK).
Software I use for editing includes Adobe Audition 2.0 and Sony Sound Forge 8. Sound generation tools include AudioMulch and Native Instruments Reaktor 5. I also use Absynth, Battery, and Kontakt, but not as much as AM and R5. I also use Ableton Live 5 for pretty much everything, and tons of free VSTs (too many to name). I'm a huge advocate of only using software I've paid for or freeware, never cracks or stuff like that. Knowing people like Robert Henke at Ableton who put their blood, sweat, and tears into developing revolutionary software, I think it is horrible that some people will use cracks instead of paying for the product. My view is: use the demo until you can afford the full version. There is never an excuse to use a crack/illegal version. I have been given NFR (not for resale) versions of some software (that I've done reviews of), but none of that is listed above. re: process of working: I basically just jam out with the above and then see if there are any good bits worth editing out and using. Hope this helps. Take care. Andrew
Leon Neon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leon Neon »

Perhaps we should have a little unofficial contest with these samples....
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

Thx for these awsome samples ;-)

Greetz from austria ;-)
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

competition?

Post by Andrew Duke »

Leon Neon wrote:Perhaps we should have a little unofficial contest with these samples....
Cool with me.
Maybe set a deadline for producers to
produce a song using just these samples
and have them submit a link to the
mp3 here by the deadline?
Andrew
Leon Neon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leon Neon »

Ok So we need a few other people interested in this idea so we can do it proper. Let us know who's interested.
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Andrew Duke »

Leon Neon wrote:Ok So we need a few other people interested in this idea so we can do it proper. Let us know who's interested.
Maybe a moderator could make the info available in a sticky-ed thread with "production contest" as the title or something. Right now the current thread title won't let new viewers in the producing forum know about the production contest that is being considered via this thread.
Andrew

***As Homer Simpson would say: "doh!" I just realized that Plaster is the moderator, so I PMed Plaster about the above. Andrew
Leon Neon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leon Neon »

Ok so let's let people join until next week, and then get it going. I'm going to try to finish the 2 tracks I'm working on so I can focus on it when the time comes.