echo audiofire 12

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Got the firewire today. spent the last 3 hours trying to get the audiofire to connect to my pc, but its just no happening. nothing worse then getting your new stuff and it not working. grrrr..
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

::BLM:: wrote:Got the firewire today. spent the last 3 hours trying to get the audiofire to connect to my pc, but its just no happening. nothing worse then getting your new stuff and it not working. grrrr..
I'm not at all a PC expert,
but my guess is it's most likely the firewirecard in your PC,
not really the echo.

I used my audiofire8 with a desktop PC and laptop PC for years before I switched to Mac a few years back, never had any issues installing it at all.

good luck !
and I hope you can solve the problem without having to contact Echo's customer support, cause they were some of the worst of all the customer supports I've ever dealt with.
(my audiofire2's headphones output wasn't working when I got it, turned out all I had to do was select output 3/4 in Live cause the headphones out runs on different pair of outputs, but all they did was send me general "maybe try this, try that, blabla" and they never even bothered to read what I just mailed them, very frustrating experience, thank god I found the solution myself by accident cause if I had to wait for them to be actually helpful, I'd still be waiting today)
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I bought the firewire card they suggested so its not that. the firewire is working on my pc with other devices. i think the problem has something to do with the software. I install it, but it wont show up in my control panel settings.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

strange... i started from scratch again for the 3rd time. I uninstalled everything then installed it all again and now it is working. nice.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

so i just set this up and for some reason i am getting no sound out of my sequencer. when i play audio from itunes i hear music, but when I go inside my sequencer I can only hear my outboard synths, not my midi stuff being triggered from vstis or anything like that. I can hear the midi when its plugged up to my outboard, but nothing inside Ableton.

When I open Ableton I get the error message " the following channels are in use by another application: analog out 1 and analog out 2. Audio output from these channels will be muted"

the way I have it set up is I have my monitors coming out of the 1+2 on the outputs and then my synths on 3+4,5+6 going into input section of the soundcard.

If I move the outputs to 11+12 and do the same in my control panel settings on my pc I can then hear everything working fine in my DAW, but in doing this I cannot play audio from my pc from itunes.

So i can either have one or the other, but not both.

Anyone had this problem before?
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

it took me a while to remember (read your post a few hours back),
but I never got my itunes to play the audio via my echo back when I was still on pc.
I contacted mac and echo, and both blamed each other.

good luck.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Yeah I can have one or the other. I have to swap my outputs in my control pannel settings to something thats not being used to open up Ableton. Really annoying as I dont like having to change settings to play music and make music. They should be the same imo.

I need to work out how to use the mixer too cause its all outputs and i cant see my input section.

on a positive note though, i am getting no latency and the sound is much much better then my old maudio delta 6/6 card.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

yeah the sound of the echo's is quite nice.
like I said before, I was very happy with them for years.
I'd always give my echo's a 8,5/10 (and I'd give my Apogee stuff a 9/10 or perhaps a 9,5/10)
and for what you pay for them, that's a nice deal.

but I never liked that control panel, it just sucks.