MNML producers BEWARE !!!!

- ask away
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

swarlied wrote:dont know this tune, youtubed it.
seems like a functional tune.

but there are thousands of uninspiring releases out there especially this techhouse- vocal/fragment-loop and drum-highfunctional music with no relationship to what i call "interesting electronic dancemusic". dont know why minus is beeing bashed for it again, within all this soulless commercial-housemusic (this is in no way techno) minus seems to be stand out of it and managed to get its own style and definition. (thanks go marc houle)

so yes, there are 99 bad tunes and 1 good one beeing released. whats the point?
I'd really have to question the functionality of this music, it's like grey wallpaper, it's dull, unoriginal and doesn't make my house look nicer ;)
swarlied
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by swarlied »

for me floor-functionality and good music are two completely different things.
this track is a little bit more than okay-"functional" but thats all it got. its a pure leg-shaker tool and helps itself out with pure on/off-arrangement.

its nothing special. its just a dj trying to write good dance music and this is how it sounds like. also the drumloop he uses for SN/HH is like 10 years old and on everybodys harddisc.
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

Well the track is a bit boring but to be honest its not the end of the world. Dont buy it, dont DJ it, problem solved.
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
chrisjechorek
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by chrisjechorek »

what an a-hole.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

perhaps it's the dry delivery, but there's a fair amt of humour here.

the logic of - don't listen to it, works a number of ways...

If you don't want your music to be occasionally ripped to shreds - then don't release it on one of the highest profile electronic labels in the world.

similarly - this is a production forum, so it's probably of interest to producers that if they don't put the effort in then people might be likely to say nasty words.

the funny thing is - I think the review whilst being quite spot on, is not as cutting as it could be - I'm looking forward to my fellow scots or irish getting a listen and proclaiming it to be a worthless pile of f@cking pish ! which is how our reviewing system works ;)
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

(please delete post mods)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

the funny thing is - I think the review whilst being quite spot on, is not as cutting as it could be - I'm looking forward to my fellow scots or irish getting a listen and proclaiming it to be a worthless pile of f@cking pish ! which is how our reviewing system works
he cut some bits out before it went onto his website. ;)
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

hahah - I'd love to have seen the unedited version.

speaking of edits...

miro - are you saying this post should be redacted - why ?