article about engineer doing blind test of 128mp3 vs wav...?

- open
SLICES
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SLICES »

Wait for the next Slices. There you will see an interesting Tech Talk incl. blind tests about this topic.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

SLICES wrote:Wait for the next Slices. There you will see an interesting Tech Talk incl. blind tests about this topic.
guess i should get a subscription to slices, huh? :-P
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

SLICES wrote:Wait for the next Slices. There you will see an interesting Tech Talk incl. blind tests about this topic.
Looking forward to that.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

patrick bateman wrote:
Looking forward to that.
Then we can start the conversation :D
SLICES
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SLICES »

Exactly. Out on March 15.
Pre-order now! ;-)

www.eb-slices.net
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I think there is also a mastering difference.. stuff could basically sound different because of different mastering types.. at least for mp3/wav vs. analogue , otherwise would be interesting which sound files they used..
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i dont get why people are interested in this, what do they deduce from such tests`?

some sound engineers like 128 kbit better, so you gonna play only compressed sh!t now?

human sense of hearing can only handle 16 khz, so why all the speakers go up to 20 khz? fck that lets, make it 15 or 14, 99% of the people even cant handle this in a test.

why play a concert with a stradivari ? 100% of the audiance cant tell the difference to a normal violin.

it doesnt matter to me if i can tell the difference between wave and mp3, i will do everything i can possible do, to play a track as it was intended to sound.

if a friend wants me to rip him some ricardo stuff, to play it on his 20 € chinese 5 watt stereo system. i will not do it, even if he tells me he likes the way it sounds.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Themis wrote: why play a concert with a stradivari ? 100% of the audience cant tell the difference to a normal violin.
so true :D

besides that you killed my excitement for the new slices :(