kick-ins in ableton

- ask away
sajin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sajin »

Is the kik orginiating from audio or VST. If it comes from a VST you might try rendering that part to audio, then do your entire mixdown.
motek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by motek »

or is the kick coming from impulse?if so, have you messed with the sample start and/or stretch parameters?cos' if so, this could be the source of your problem. try to render one bar or two of the solo kick and just cut the second kick(or any that suits you) and use that as your source kick sample instead of your previous original kick.
monokreck
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by monokreck »

I had it too yesterday ! :roll:
www.monokreck.com / www.mnmldjs.com
o my god, it's techno music !
lpas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lpas »

are you sure "fade in" is switched off for the sample ? i wondered why the first kick in ableton always had this "pffft" feelin. then i recognized that live sets "fade in" by default. now i check that "fade in" is switched off in all kind of percussiv samples and everything is fine.
but this behaviour relates only to audiosamples.

in earlier versions of live they had this problem when a compressor was inserted but this was solved in version 4 i think.

have a nice day
dieter
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

I've also been having this problem , I use a bought and paid for version of 4.05 (i think) and 5.03, both had this issue, I get round it by rendering all my loops longer than they need to be and then adjusting the loop markers, when I render a whole track - it doesn't seem to be noticeable.

I've never thought it a major enough issue to complain about it , so it's interesting to see other users experiencing the same issue, just plain weird innit.

Doesn't seem to be down to FX or whatnot, seems to do it to straight loops too, and strangeley enough - it's most noticeable on bass notes and drums.
Tek23
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tek23 »

i'v never experienced this and i use ablton daily.

do you normilize??

I never ever do

have you tried making a new audio track and resampling insted of rendering?
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

After reading this the other day - I thought I'd test it a little, I never normalise, so I rendered a straight loop with no FX whatsoever, I did it from the song page , and the session page, both exactly the same, the 1st note/drum is flat, the rest are fine.

Weird, as I say - it doesn't really bother me at all tho.

Not sure what you mean by creating a new audio track and resampling, as I understand it - the only way of creating loops from Ableton is to use the render to disk function.

Am I missing something ? Reveal :) heh heh
Tek23
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tek23 »

AVX23 wrote: Not sure what you mean by creating a new audio track and resampling, as I understand it - the only way of creating loops from Ableton is to use the render to disk function.

Am I missing something ? Reveal :) heh heh

check it

make a new audio track
set it's input to "resample"

now that track wil record the master output into a clip

its a great way to record session jams as well...
if your session works by launching sceens then you just need to remove all the stop buttons on the track you are recording into.

you would also need to do this if you are recording external gear