building a dub/minimal/leftfield room in a 5000 sqft loft

- open
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

depends if you could cover dj fees with out booze sales.. i guess that's the major factor..

in the US it could work.. you could cater more to the kids as technically no one is allowed to drink till their 21 anyway..

don't they have loads of rave events were the younguns go..
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

oblioblioblio wrote:no alcohol could work.

most nights i personally would be much happier if they sold coffee or tea than beer. but the other guys are right, most people want alcohol at a night.

Now that would be seriously dangerous, everybody dancing with a cup of tea or coffee in their hand. Better keep some medics close, because everybody is going to get burnt!

Don't think a non-alcohol club is a good idea though.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

you could do a bring your own booze party...

people bring whatever booze they want to drink.. you just charge on the door....

prohibition of booze at a party though could be annoying though.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

caffiene is a good drug! Well, itssallright i guess.

I dunno whther alcohol free club could work. Definitely alcohol isn't the cause of bad stuff in clubs or elsewhere, but sometimes it's a bad factor. You can have people drinking and still be freidnly. Like, in Germany I noticed that many people enjoy a drink, but it seems more rare that people go too far with it like I see in England.

I think it's good the OP has a clear vision in mind. I think you can still create the offbeaten path trippy friendly sanctuary kinda thing and still have some alcohol.

It's good that people can feel free, and sometimes some people need a little lubrication I guess.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

The problems I see that it is a niche within a niche..

The niche music obviously caters to a specific audience, then cutting that again by not allowing that audience to drink would (I guess) more than half that audience again.

It's difficult enough getting 2-300 people to an event with relatively main stream acts, whilst also serving alcohol cheap... not serving alcohol would severely limit numbers from my perspective.

Saying that, I can only speak from the point of view within the UK, cultures differ around the world...
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

you could have sections of the club doing different things. For instance you can have one area with a bar and the usual techno, and another without a bar but with a café with different decorations and so. That way people could retire from the dancefloor to chillout over there, and the other way around.

Just a question, what do you think about the drugs associated with a comfy seat and good chill out music?
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Ingemar wrote:you could have sections of the club doing different things. For instance you can have one area with a bar and the usual techno, and another without a bar but with a café with different decorations and so. That way people could retire from the dancefloor to chillout over there, and the other way around.

Just a question, what do you think about the drugs associated with a comfy seat and good chill out music?
Best enjoyed at home with friends...?

How would you be able to stop the drinkers mingling with non-drinkers though?
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

imo the only place where "NO ALCOHOL" works is a coffee shop..

by the way a 5000 sqft loft coffee shop with booked artists would be sick 8)