Anyone Been To Oslo or Live there?

- open
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

lots of things to do in oslo if you don't limit your visit to clubbing. as for shopping i assume it is as with other "big" cities (big city, but small compared to other capitals around europe).

may sights there as well, and even more if you like taking walks in the nature (huge areas with woods/etc right outside the city center, ~10min with subway).

so all in all it depends on what you want to get out of the weekend. there are some clubs in town, however, imo the best parties in town are those at closed venues. for those repeat.no forum, as patrick mentioned, is a good place to start looking.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

kgw wrote:
Marcus Stork wrote:Expencive and quite small, but a nice town..
You could probably find flights for the same price from London to Stockholm. Bigger, better and cheaper.. ;)
You're joking aren't you? Stockholm flights are very much upwards of £100 return in my experience. I wanted to go for NYE last year.
Joking.. No!

London Stanstead - Stockholm Skavsta
November 26-28
Total price 53,98 GBP for 2 persons with Ryanair.

And the dates around the best prices are around 10-12 GBP one way per person.
And if you feel like better airport options and pay a bit more there is always Norwegian, SAS, BA with a big amount of flights every day.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

thanks for the advice guys.
kgw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kgw »

patrick bateman wrote:
kgw wrote:
You could probably find flights for the same price from London to Stockholm. Bigger, better and cheaper.. ;)
You're joking aren't you? Stockholm flights are very much upwards of £100 return in my experience. I wanted to go for NYE last year.
Okay, I admit it, it's a wild guess, but maybe prices around NYE is a bit different, no matter where you wanna go. I know I might be far off here, but hmm
Actually no, from the UK many other places were cheap, but not Stockholm.

Appreciate the sarcasm though.
kgw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kgw »

Marcus Stork wrote:
kgw wrote:
Joking.. No!

London Stanstead - Stockholm Skavsta
November 26-28
Total price 53,98 GBP for 2 persons with Ryanair.

And the dates around the best prices are around 10-12 GBP one way per person.
And if you feel like better airport options and pay a bit more there is always Norwegian, SAS, BA with a big amount of flights every day.
I stand corrected then.

Looks like I'll be making a trip to Stockholm soon.