Agents or rep new trend?

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

ah, yes, I get that kind of mails too.

1. if you already have support for your track, that means you probably sent it to 7588 people on Soundcloud and therefore, we don't need it.

2. generally what they mean with "Ibiza" is not the kind of stuff we are into, so please go to Ministry Of Sound.

3. The label is there for relatively unknown artists, and unknown artists don't have agents :)

I'm really thinking I should indeed start a "agent & feedback" service, think I can swindle a lot of desperate eastern european or italian youngsters out of their money.

Pff, when did it all become so serious, what's wrong with these people that they pay an 'agent' to send a mail to just any label that will take it? I mean, as an artist, don't you want to be signed to a label because you know them, love the music or/and you have been in touch and it 'clicks' with the people behind it? Where's the personal contact? This all sounds so... "mechanical". Making tracks on order, licensing from the catalogue, releasing tracks every week to make the numbers... pfew.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

its a logical progression to be fair...

it happened to property...

it happened to recruitment...

it happened to football and celebrities...

now its happening to dance music...

next the agents will be positioning their DJs for page space in Hello magazine.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

PsyTox wrote:
I'm really thinking I should indeed start a "agent & feedback" service, think I can swindle a lot of desperate eastern european or italian youngsters out of their money.
When you do, tell me so we can unite our force!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I couldn't do it though. You're leading people nowhere, because that agent isn't going to be able to do anymore for you then you couldn't do yourself.

I wonder how much they charge?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

::BLM:: wrote:I couldn't do it though. You're leading people nowhere, because that agent isn't going to be able to do anymore for you then you couldn't do yourself.

Yeah, that is also what I was asking about.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

pheek wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:I couldn't do it though. You're leading people nowhere, because that agent isn't going to be able to do anymore for you then you couldn't do yourself.

Yeah, that is also what I was asking about.
There are professional agents, that work very cool.
As far as I know, they take around 10%.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Some are useless though. We used a few for remixes and they were really slow.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:Some are useless though. We used a few for remixes and they were really slow.
yeah well, and this one I know of is also taking care of all kinds of royalties and stuff like that, so not totally compare-able..