Syncing a 303 using a Kenton pro 2 din synced and logic

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

bhc303 wrote:I have had sync problems with all of my gear in the studio over the years, the problem with mac and pc is there midi clocks are not that good, I have been having issues with my kenton , tb303, tr606, monomachine and machinedrum recently using ableton I have been suggested this...

http://www.innerclocksystems.com/New%20 ... -Lock.html

sync issues suck!

I don't use logic, but from memory with the kenton I had to change some setting in parameter number 42, this would sync, start and stop but all my gear new and old looses time over time, I will be investing!

Good luck!
those innerclocksystems look the business, and i'm wondering if you got that quote about PC and Mac midi being crap from their marketing bumph.
but i still wonder why people say they have loads of problems, when i started making music with computers in 1991 on an Atari with cubase i had no problems, and neither did any of my mates, we used to play out live with 303s and they never missed a beat. (Ataris had built in midi) and we never had any problems when we all moved to PC (apart from using a Phillip Rees box) again using older versions of Cubase.
maybe its the newer software thats the issue, i still use a really ancient copy of Cubase VST 5 for my live synching, and dont have any problems at all.

i've heard alot of people complain about sync issues on Logic, and Ableton got off on the wrong foot from the start with midi being an afterthought.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

steevio wrote:
i've heard alot of people complain about sync issues on Logic, and Ableton got off on the wrong foot from the start with midi being an afterthought.
I use Logic and have no problems. I think most people develop problems with Logic when trying to use plugins and hardware at the same time. The delay compensation in Logic was pretty faulty until Logic 9.

I only use Logic as a big tape recorder thru my zed, and never even think of a plugin until mixing and even then rarely, so my timing is very tight.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
bhc303
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bhc303 »

steevio wrote:
bhc303 wrote:I have had sync problems with all of my gear in the studio over the years, the problem with mac and pc is there midi clocks are not that good, I have been having issues with my kenton , tb303, tr606, monomachine and machinedrum recently using ableton I have been suggested this...

http://www.innerclocksystems.com/New%20 ... -Lock.html

sync issues suck!

I don't use logic, but from memory with the kenton I had to change some setting in parameter number 42, this would sync, start and stop but all my gear new and old looses time over time, I will be investing!

Good luck!
those innerclocksystems look the business, and i'm wondering if you got that quote about PC and Mac midi being crap from their marketing bumph.
but i still wonder why people say they have loads of problems, when i started making music with computers in 1991 on an Atari with cubase i had no problems, and neither did any of my mates, we used to play out live with 303s and they never missed a beat. (Ataris had built in midi) and we never had any problems when we all moved to PC (apart from using a Phillip Rees box) again using older versions of Cubase.
maybe its the newer software thats the issue, i still use a really ancient copy of Cubase VST 5 for my live synching, and dont have any problems at all.

Funny you should mention that, I don't recall having any problems on old cubase platforms... EDIT with my midi din sync