Constant SPAM

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:kk, i must admit, i dont really care.

i see iainkerr7´s point though
Sure, he has a point, but I guess we all know that activity on forums comes in waves. So some periods have lots of good discussions and interesting topics, but other times there's not so much interesting going on.

Again, people who wants more interesting topics, can start by submitting some threads themselves... :)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

sure he has a point... maybe these waves of promotion topics make it difficult for interesting topics to come up :)

what kind of topics should better be placed in a different section is a whole discussion itself tho..
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

at least there aren't threads about where to get the cheapest, fake Air Jordans!
- matt
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

digital release are for sale : and so is the vinyl : the net label tracks are free downloads.

if an individual who has given to the mnml community wishes to share a track for free : then we are flatter here at the mnml board that any artist in question wishes to use this forum as an outlet to share this expression for free.

agreed : on the thought about some promotional things here.

PLEASE pm with a LINK and It will be moved to the artist section.

happy sunday.

:D
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

as long as Jay doesn't include a free penis enlargement with his free track, it's not spam.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

PsyTox wrote:as long as Jay doesn't include a free penis enlargement with his free track, it's not spam.
it's not about spam or no spam.. it's more about whether the general chat section is the right place for it..

taking jays threat into the focus is not representative tho, cause it's probably the at least annoying one of themis` list..
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

patrick bateman wrote:
Themis wrote:and @bateman, so you think the general forum should be a platform for adverts and promotion? cause near 50% of the threads in the first page are promotion.
So if Jay Haze wants to give away some free tracks, then you want it to be in a specialized forum away from the general chat?

Well, I just don't find it annoying, far from. The kind of 'spam' on this site, is still relevant for the people using the forum, and therefore a part of the daily business, in my opinion.

If people want more 'interesting' threads, then they can start by submitting some themselves :)
It's not about it being part of the daily business or relevant. This is a forum not advertising space.

If there isn't an interesting discussion then fine, but that doesn't mean we should allow people to flood the general section with adverts and promos.

So what if Jay Haze is giving away a free track? Not everyone gives a sh!t - there is a members section to post your tracks, what's up with using that?
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

if they contribute to the forum then i reckon its alright to spam the sh!t within reason...

i also talk about forum spam on my blog check it out at:
www.earpipe.com/the-finer-points-of-spam

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: