Komplete 7

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Minimal Samples wrote:
tone-def wrote:there is a lot of good stuff in there. 90GB!
it's a bit much for someone how makes minimal music.
Reaktor, Kontakt and Guitar Rig is more than enough.
A lot of filler too though, like 4 different multi sampled pianos for example. How many producers really need 4 different multi gigabyte piano libraries?
yeah i can understand having a grand piano and an upright, but 3 grands?
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

its too bad they stopped komplete synths.
though, i must say i never liked NI as a company.
tried FM8, but decided to go with Blue. didnt know much about FM than, and felt like Blue interface was better and quicker to work with. i still think it true.
had Massive for a while, but it wasnt for me. i like simpler stuff. to get what i want quickly and focus on the music rather than the synthesis.
tried battery, but its too much for what i needed. i rarely use samples and when i do its usually real percussion and shakers that i like to keep as they are so Cubase bundled sampler was more than enough.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Minimal Samples wrote:
tone-def wrote:there is a lot of good stuff in there. 90GB!
it's a bit much for someone how makes minimal music.
Reaktor, Kontakt and Guitar Rig is more than enough.
A lot of filler too though, like 4 different multi sampled pianos for example. How many producers really need 4 different multi gigabyte piano libraries?
Haha. It's really funny comparing people's reactions across different forums: the dubstepforum crew are pretty hyped over the extra content, and - rather fittingly - the minimal producers are all like "uh, it's a bit much, no?"

FWIW, there were a lot of people who were disappointed at the relative lack of acoustic piano stuff in Komplete 6, so I suspect that's part of the reason there's so much in there now.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

are all the pianos kontakt instruments?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

only thing I would still need is a decent sampler (THE big missing thing in Logic imho) but that's exactly the thing that's so expensive with NI. And some kind of efx tool that's as easy to use as a Pioneer EFX-1000. Bought The Finger but that's also so fiddly and difficult to master, not my thing.

Love Massive tho', and Battery is something I couldn't do without. Reaktor was the biggest buying mistake ever, too much hassle basically, I like to make music, don't want to spend days fiddling about trying to build a synth that probably already exists in 20 versions already. :)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

But Reaktor has all the preset synths, plus the user library so just use that. I like all of the Reaktor Synths to be honest, I just use them for different things.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

PsyTox wrote:some kind of efx tool that's as easy to use as a Pioneer EFX-1000. Bought The Finger but that's also so fiddly and difficult to master, not my thing.
Have you seen the Traktor FX package (which I believe is in the new Komplete)? It's exactly that - the Traktor FX in the Guitar Rig framework. (But there's a free player so you don't actually need Guitar Rig.)
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

oh, I'm sure it's pretty cool, my friend Tom Hades f.e. makes most of his stuff with reaktor, and builds whatever he needs in that as well. It's a personal thing, I just don't like to work with it, spend too much time trying to figure things out. For some reason, I find my way easier in Massive and create heaps of sounds there.