haters.

- open
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

haters...

well, i'm sure many people are fed up with the hype surrounding the minimal stuff

what makes it ridiculous is the fact that people claim it's the next best thing while it was already there around 10 years ago
i also think the whole minimal hype is a bit overkill and only exists for commercial reasons (like any other hype)... i'm actually sick of the hype... i think that would explain part of the criticism towards the minimal scene

as for haters... well, the music bizz is simply full of jealous and arrogant people, who like to discredit anything because of jealousy
also fame causes jealousy as well
big names are generally regarded as arrogant pricks and get a lot of criticism just because they're famous... you wouldn't believe how much bullshit you get from people who are jealous

as for derrick may, he's done some amazing stuff...
but he has an ego problem, in fact many US artists have...
it's not because someone makes good music he's necessarily a cool person
and the opposite...
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Every little scene has their narrow minded haters and geeks.

They're entitled to their opinion, but my god, some people are just naive little children. "My way or the highway" as it were.

I dislike that attitude, but the truth is, there will always be haters in our lifetimes. There is no reason to take them seriously anyhow.

I'm not part of any particular scene, and I see that, everywhere I look, there are immature little brats hidden amongst the people who are not hating.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Jesse Somfay wrote:Every little scene has their narrow minded haters and geeks.

it's just a common way of saying... hey, i can't do sh!t and i envy you for making a success in something you believe in.

partially they hate beacause of the lack of belief in themselves and what they do, partially cos of the fame cos they think only about making them good.

it might not have complete sence, but it's true.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

plaster wrote:
it's odd how we percieve minimal music so energetic, yet other listeners seem to find it weak.
It's not that odd when you think about it. Electronic music is already waaaaay far off the map for most people. Then minimal has taken it even farther off the map and stripped it down making it even less recognisable. I'm not a huge fan of minimal infact i like some of it but overall there is alot more i dislike. To me minimal overall does not sound particularly energetic. To me most of it sounds super laid back and make good tracks to bring the set back down and give people a second to breathe before you lay the fire to 'em again.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

yeah. one of the funniest comments i've come across was "that is music to stare at wall" :)
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Rich wrote:I've never seen him, but I've heard that he has a huge ego and an unusual skill for emptying a dancefloor....
I disagree. I heard him back in Dec, and it rocked it - couldnt peel myself away from the dancefloor even if I tried.

But, I find alot of people accuse minimal as being 'trendy'. If minimal was as big and trendy as people say it is - where the hell are the minimal parties? I'd LOVE it if it was bigger than it is right now, as then maybe I'd be able to go out to a descent venue, with a good crowd and alot of people up and dancing. But house, trance, top-40 and hard/banging-techno are the only things that ever seem to get any kind of attention over here.

Not a small venue with 10 people and nobody dancing.

I think the internet is creating alot of false hype for it. Yes, minimal is great - I love it, but I dont think its as big and trendy as people say it is.

About the only time you'll see a big turnout for a minimal party here, is if Hawtin is on the flyer.
adhesif
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: haters.

Post by adhesif »

accdntly wrote:even in a general techno "community" ive read, heard, received sarcasm and slander regarding minimal/micro music. much from hardware purists, banging techno and detroit enthusiasts. ive heard our music refered to as pretentious, wine and cheese, boring, fashionable etc. seems that many of the same people who disregard our sound also criticize production techniques and technology. has anyone come across this on other message boards or conversation?
:lol: this is funny !

put it this way accdntly, theres nothing wrong with criticism!
arnt we all music critics in a way?
'adventitious roots'
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

There are haters from every direction. Minimal is no more hated on than anyone else really. fck haters in general.