EDC Rave fail

- open
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

jeez...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
brosky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by brosky »

since when is lil john and that music in the backround asociated with raving?
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

PsyTox wrote:180.000 people and 100 get hurt... I mean, pretty normal in such crowds. It's like over here, every year the news starts with how many drug dealers were arrested at I Love Techno. That's usually 30-40 people, on a party of 40000 people. Totally not worth mentioning but when techno and dance is attached, all of a sudden lazy azz journo's need to make a fuss about it.

*rant over*
Thank you!

DEMF and WMC/ULTRA never seem to have such trouble. They are also not anywhere near the size of EDC

West Coast candy kids lol
- matt
laurens
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by laurens »

not really the same situation eh didier, those people are getting crushed because a stupid security guy is stuck in the entrance, together with dozens of people, including bleeding girls and people passing out.

you can clearly see the incompetence of the security guys and the chaos that is going on, if u look closer u can see the place is also WAY overpacked with people. as i said elsewhere if u wanna throw a rave that big it has to grow, i love techno has never seen such chaos as far as i can remember (yes some but not like this).
partly i believe because they can learn from previous editions (they started out small too).

the stupid line up and stupid glowstick outfits are so typically for america :D. its actually not really a surprise that it causes stupid situations...

you are right about the belgian journalism, its even hard to organise an open air (after) party in antwerp because of the drugrelated progressive scene stereotypes created in the nineties but thats another topic imo :)
Menno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Menno »

laurens wrote:not really the same situation eh didier, those people are getting crushed because a stupid security guy is stuck in the entrance, together with dozens of people, including bleeding girls and people passing out.

you can clearly see the incompetence of the security guys and the chaos that is going on, if u look closer u can see the place is also WAY overpacked with people. as i said elsewhere if u wanna throw a rave that big it has to grow, i love techno has never seen such chaos as far as i can remember (yes some but not like this).
partly i believe because they can learn from previous editions (they started out small too).

the stupid line up and stupid glowstick outfits are so typically for america :D. its actually not really a surprise that it causes stupid situations...

you are right about the belgian journalism, its even hard to organise an open air (after) party in antwerp because of the drugrelated progressive scene stereotypes created in the nineties but thats another topic imo :)
+1
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

typical article.. first time for me reading la times.. reads like a boulevard newspaper.. no information at all..

so she fell into coma cause she was drinking cold water very fast? and ecstacy "messes up" the body's ability to handle that..
never heard of people on ecstacy dying or going to coma because of drinking water fastly...

and every newspaper writes about ecstacy.. in my area 99% of the supposed ecstacy pills contain no mdma at all.. lots of people these days get high on stuff no one really knows.. never been to the west of u.s. but here where i am if a 15 year old girl goes to a rave for the first time and buys some stuff from the first guy, the chance that it is pure mdma is zero..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

well, you can actually die from water intoxication, this can happen for people doing lot's of exhausting sports and drinking too much water.

plus lot's of dancing and some 'xtc' on top -> fail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

but I agree with you regarding the article..