Where I can get sea and beach "samples" - ?

- ask away
widdly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by widdly »

You can get some great watery sounds by recording yourself blowing in a straw into a glass of water. Then pitch it down and fiddle around with it. Filling a tub with water is useful for getting those lapping wave sounds. There is a story that a very popular "sounds of waterfalls" meditation CD is in fact all just processed samples of a toilet cistern.

Maybe filtering and slow amplitude modulating some noise would give you a big surf beach sound. Granular synthesis might be worth looking into as well.

For Seagulls you could try this... http://obiwannabe.co.uk/tutorials/html/ ... birds.html (-)
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

you wouldnt say, but there are some HQ nature sounds in cheesy newage kind of music, I ripped nice stuff from my mom's pseudo-nativeamerican cds I hated at first. those native americans sure know how to record their sh!t and market it hehe. look for the ones with images of the sea ;).
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Where I can get sea and beach "samples" - ?

Post by dubgil »

lcaise wrote:Just like in subject!
I realy need some sea waves, beach sounds etc samples. Where I can get this samples?
Any idea?

Pls help =]

greats

In big stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc, they have these kiosks with these smooth sounding CD's (they'll have a workout CD, a Jazz, a music for lovers, etc... they often have "meditation" one which usually has some sounds of the ocean)
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

Image[/img]
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

hello guys!

freesound site is perfect, thanx for Your effort!
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords