Ancient Aliens 2010 on the History Channel

- open
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

Some people believes a "god" created the world in seven days with magic just because a book says it.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Some recent research by scientists projects there may be around 500 billion galaxies in the universe. Most galaxies have a 100 million stars. Its beyond comprehension. Anyone who dismisses the idea of extraterrestrial life is not thinking clearly. To believe that human life is the only intelligent life in the universe is the height of human arrogance.

Once astronomers pointed the hubble telescope at a point which they thought was completely empty in the sky and watched it for two weeks and observed over 14 thousand galaxies. Crazy stuff.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Far too much dramatic music and zooming into photos to be even remotely credible imo. If it was science, there'd be just some old dude in a white coat babbling about something a layman couldn't understand.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

great stuff for people who really want to believe
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I got around to watching all of them.

Some of the other episodes become a bit more 'crazy theories'. But in the first episodes of them the evidence they give is much much more logical than the previous thinkings on the subjects. There were feats of engineering acheived that were in advance of what we can do now even, and they were done by cultures without tools, and sometimes even with written languages.
And there is something very sensible about it all. I've never given that much thought to alien life forms before but this is very strong material.

Anyways it doesn't really bother me how other people react to these programs and people.

But this belief that we are the only planet with life, and that we are the most advanced planet in terms of intelligence and resources etcetc. That to me is quite far fetched.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

bush said we were alone and that man was created in the same time as dinosaurs. If a president says it it must be true :)

pff, the argument of "there are so many galaxies so we can't be alone" is a bit flawed imho. Is it so hard to believe we are just the result of a little natural Coincidence (advertising!) and life on Earth is just the result of cosmic dust that collided the exact right way? People seem to have such a hard time believing everything here is in its core pointless, we are just doing 70 years of "keep busy therapy", so they'll come up with anything to justify why we have a purpose. A superbeing put me here. An alien told me to build a square piece of rock. My mum said I was destined for great things. There is an afterlife. My dog said I should kill women to show the world that its evil. And so on.

I'm useless and enjoying every minute it lasts 8)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

questioning yourself and what you've may have always believed in is frighting to many ::: if not most..

always & never don't existed.

:)
Last edited by John Clees on Mon May 17, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

oblioblioblio wrote: in the first episodes of them the evidence they give is much much more logical than the previous thinkings on the subjects.
Come on: what are the chances that some other lifeforms exist and just at that exact time (remember that 10000 years is nothing in terms of astral times), have the ability to come to earth (remember that the depictions of what these aliens could be were very human-like, so based on the same chemical structures and physical laws, which makes it very unlikely that these lifeforms can travel faster than light etc), teach the humans to make big ass statues which again depict very earthly creatures, like animals or humans, not spaceships and stuff and then just go away?

Is it really that crazy to think humans just did it? it makes much more sense to me.

It's just so easy to believe these theories, but let's face it, if I were to say that giant birds used to talk and told humans to make these statues, you would tell me i'm a fool right?