Where do you produce?

- ask away
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Where do you produce?

Post by S »

Raddler wrote:I guess what i'm asking is how do you get away with playing your monitors at a decent volume? I can't imagine everyone has a house and for those who have apartments i'm sure the neighbours eventually come knocking!! I live in an apartment with pretty strict neighbours and my attempts at using monitors have been miserable!! I'm constantly turning the volume down and even choosing sounds with minimal bass. Retarded! Suffice to say I resort to headphones which have gotten frustrating because nothing translates properly. Also i'm starting to OCD about hearing damage.AARGH... I realize that monitors don't need to be blasted, but even at reasonnable volumes they seam to be a problem. Anyone relate? Any idea's? Thanx
if you own the flat then box the room, a room within a room type of thing. Even to do the wall between you and the neighbours. Just minimal framing and high density mineral wool held up with fabric. This would also improve the acoustics for mixing/recording!
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Unfortunatly I don't own the apartment or else I would sonicaly reinforce the sh!t out of it!! I talked to the landlord about building a wall once, but he wanted nothing to do with that. Understandibly so I guess. I think i'm gonna look into the city bylaws here and see what my rights are about playing music during the day.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

my walls are ridiculously thin. and my neighbors are around at all times during the day and sleeping at night so im prety much forced to use headphones for any kind of production use.

im hoping to move within the next few months with a few friends who would be more open to hearing the music / hearing the process of me producing and also into a much bigger apt where i could play some music at a decent level without bothering anybody.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I play at home. One of the main reasons I bought a house was so I could crank the tunes.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Phase Ghost wrote:I play at home. One of the main reasons I bought a house was so I could crank the tunes.
For me, that's like the only reason to ever live in a house instead of an apartment, I love living in the city. I doubt I'll ever afford to buy one though, a house in a decent area costs like 500k in here.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Yeah i'm in the same boat. I love the city, which is where I live. Alot of my inspiration for music comes from that " downtown vibe". I would hate living in a house in the suburbs!!
Cheaper
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cheaper »

1deb/flat + girlfriend as flatmate
game over :lol:
soundcloud.com/capsularecordings
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Cheaper wrote:
1deb/flat + girlfriend as flatmate
game over :lol:
indeed :)

you also lose free time coz when she comes back from work watches tv and destructs your head from your "free time for music". (X-rated materials not included :P )