Marek Hemman productions

- ask away
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

mareks music is great, and the following is no offence to him! but I wonder if there is a live set out there (I speak of the one man band) which isn't bad.

I think it's boring compared to a dj set and I've seen a lot's of well known and not well known artists. I miss the 'flow' everytime. a delay here, filter there, break, too monotone, boring.
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

regler wrote:mareks music is great, and the following is no offence to him! but I wonder if there is a live set out there (I speak of the one man band) which isn't bad.

I think it's boring compared to a dj set and I've seen a lot's of well known and not well known artists. I miss the 'flow' everytime. a delay here, filter there, break, too monotone, boring.
ok then... i completely disagree with you here... i've head sooooo many boring, dull, drawn out boring dj sets. i find when i hear a good live set its the most rewarding experience. sure there are some pretty bad ones too, and some pretty questionable definitions of 'Live' and sure it might not be as polished in sound as someone who has spent weeks tweaking and mastering a track the studio. But when it works, it is the best way to experience techno imo. if the moment is right and the performer has all the controls at there finger tips, they can vibe off the crowd, extend bits which have good reactions, move on if something isn't working quite right, etc, etc...
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

there are of course also bad dj sets! but can you give me an example from a good live set? I'm really interested in. maybe we just have a different taste. 8)

best regards
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

regler wrote:there are of course also bad dj sets! but can you give me an example from a good live set? I'm really interested in. maybe we just have a different taste. 8)

best regards
redshape, mathew jonson, audio werner, ekkohaus, sleeparchive, alex fisher, sebastian russell and soulfiction spirng to mind straight away. try and check out the redshape RA podcast of his live show.

but of course if its not your thing, its not your thing!
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

half hawaii
lucien n luciano

both really great livesets
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

regler wrote:there are of course also bad dj sets! but can you give me an example from a good live set? I'm really interested in. maybe we just have a different taste. 8)

best regards
Often have to agree, mostly get bored quickly during livesets because of various reasons. Sleeparchive was my hero when his first ep's came out, but when we invited him to play live in Belgium he played a laptop set that was so utterly boring that the room cleared in 5 minutes and all we got out of it was a dude checking his email. Snooze-archive :lol:

Marek Hemmann played at a friends' party last year and that was crazy, probably because he did his live like a dj would play: a great buildup throughout the set, some peak moments, and not like playing just a collection of his tunes after another, it all blended together in a big set, really well done. Plus: he was interacting with the people which is also vital.

But I guess a good producer isn't necessairily a good performer. Still love the 'huge setup' livesets then most, like Green Velvet, Speedy J, Dynamix II or so many others I've seen over the years.
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

THE best live show I have ever seen was at grassroots 2008 by Steevio who runs mindtours. He posts on here so I am sure if you ask him he can point you in the direction of some shows of his :)
derders
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by derders »

that what I know is that the bassline of Junoka / Gemini / Everythings so clear is the KPR Fat ELP Bass Preset of Minimoog V ...