Snow leopard (idiot question.)

- ask away
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

to add something. My MB with 10.6 was 10.5 and I update it... but its not my main mac (especially for audio) and I also had some problems with software development things. Also 2 MacMinis that I have for my phd experiments and as desk mac all the other time are staying on Leopard.

tasos
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

thanks to share your experience, everything works for me with 10.5.8, so as you said, "logic works great soo", If there is no special change, I'll keep my version.
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

I actually preferred 10.5.7 on my MacBook to 10.5.8. .7 ran cooler, so much so I often swore it had no fan :lol:

Running 10.6.2 now, there was a performance bump but nothing too major. All my apps worked, including Live which didn't get it's "official" SL release for a few months after SL dropped. Plugins were good, too.

The extra HD space was a nice plus, though. Many GB returned to me. Goodbye UB bloat! :D
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

KrisM wrote:I actually preferred 10.5.7 on my MacBook to 10.5.8. .7 ran cooler, so much so I often swore it had no fan :lol:

Running 10.6.2 now, there was a performance bump but nothing too major. All my apps worked, including Live which didn't get it's "official" SL release for a few months after SL dropped. Plugins were good, too.

The extra HD space was a nice plus, though. Many GB returned to me. Goodbye UB bloat! :D
google how SL is measuring the GB of your harddrive :D :D its not what you think :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

is anyone running live 8.1.1 in leopard or snow leopard? I'm having serious serious problems in snow leopard. Crashing all the time. All the time. Up into the point where I cannot proceed and finish my projects.

I'm considering downgrading to plain leopard... but want some confirmations... of no problems. Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

hydrogen wrote:is anyone running live 8.1.1 in leopard or snow leopard? I'm having serious serious problems in snow leopard. Crashing all the time. All the time. Up into the point where I cannot proceed and finish my projects.

I'm considering downgrading to plain leopard... but want some confirmations... of no problems. Thanks!
SL with 8.1 for more than 3 months now! 0 crashes ... but I have a very basic setup with this mac.

PS: I can test something special if you want.
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

Daemonix wrote:
KrisM wrote:I actually preferred 10.5.7 on my MacBook to 10.5.8. .7 ran cooler, so much so I often swore it had no fan :lol:

google how SL is measuring the GB of your harddrive :D :D its not what you think :)
it would have taken less time to just say it measures base 10 now, lol. though i probably would have googled it or checked apple's support site anyway :oops:

I'm still not conviced that accounts for 19GB of "returned" space, but I'm really not inclined to figure out the math on it, either :lol:
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Daemonix wrote:SL with 8.1 for more than 3 months now! 0 crashes ... but I have a very basic setup with this mac.
Thanks for the offer buddy. 8.1.1? max4live of course. :) same here...

Well i'm going to look into my plugins and see if something isn't up to date or something ... maybe uninstall some demos or things like this.

The problem mainly exists when i'm creating something new copying midi etc... its nightmare for me. type of stuff makes me want to quit making music with machines.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest