mpc 1000 vs Maschine

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

moessap wrote:I m just dreaming in a near futur of an update which allow you to add more than 2 effects on maschine !!!
won't you be able do that with the next update, by using sendsl on the different outs of maschine?
Also, I read in the manual you can actually create more than 2 fxs per sound if you route them to different sends/groups. Not too sure how this works as I've only got the manual at home while the rest is at my parents place in the box -squint waiting for me to finish my diploma (8 days to go though...).
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

The whole idea of comparing an MPC to Machine is preposterous

The MPC sounds a fuckload better than any software i've messed with.
I've sampled stuff into my MPC and had it come back out sounding better than it did going in (I have no idea how, im guessing it's just some really good converters).
Making beats on that thing is like lightning.
The only bad mpc to buy that i can think of are the blue MPC 1000 because they had a problem with the pad sensors going bad.

The only drawback that i can see for some of you getting one is Ableton Live. Because Ableton (for some retarded reason) will accept Midi Timecode but not send it out. which is ok with the MPC 1000 because it doesn't use Midi Timecode but the MPC 2000, 2000XL, 2500 and 5000 do.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

I would go mpc, those soft/hard hybrids are starting to scare me... bad clavia micro modular experience here.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

Torque wrote:I've sampled stuff into my MPC and had it come back out sounding better than it did going in (I have no idea how, im guessing it's just some really good converters).
Thats the truth! I sampled my MEK into my mpc1000 and it sounded amazing!
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Yes, i was hoping my mpcheerleading wouldn't get drowned out.

The workflow on the mpc (after you use it for a short time) is really great and intuitive and the groove quantizing when your knocking out beats by hand is superb and its a totally different feeling to working with a computer.
And yields different sound results, to my ears.

They are well built (bar sometimes the cheaper pads that are on lots of the blue ones, but also on some of the black ones, you can tell by serial numbers i think) but you can replace the pads for 25 dollars and its easy to do yourself. I don't know what recording issues were being refered to earlier on because its really straight forward.

I think its better if your looking to get away from the computer side, its a bit more real, more musical perhaps. I am biased i suppose cause i've been into mpcs for years but if your looking for a sexed up midi controller, maybe machine is better.

much of the time i used my mpc i'm not even in the same room as my computer. for me thats reason enough to get one.
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

Torque wrote:The whole idea of comparing an MPC to Machine is preposterous

agree ;)
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

moessap wrote:
Torque wrote:The whole idea of comparing an MPC to Machine is preposterous

agree ;)
FWIW, the next Maschine update will have SP1200 and MPC60 emulation modes. ;)
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

damagedgoods wrote:There's a new free update coming soon as well:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hp?t=80682
Interesting stuff. Somebody at one point mentioned that at some point the maschine might get analog emulation drum synths at some point. If they were to do that I would buy one.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog