virus B

- ask away
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

you guys have lots to say. i am not expecting everything i want in a synth for $300, i was just saying that i had seen virus Bs for that amount. the nord lead sounds very nice. is there a major difference between the lead 2X and lead 3?
beam me up
STML
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by STML »

I have a Virus TI2, and I'm very happy with it in contrast to my Prophet08, MKS-80 and @-Juno, in terms of what it brings to the table in terms of sound.

I'm not sure I would use one as an 'only' synth, but it's definitely got a bunch of sound.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the MKS-80 is an incredible synth. i do you have the controller for it? i guess that would make it as good as a jupiter 8.
STML
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by STML »

No, but I made two easy enough for logic environment and Novation SL Zero.

Once you got sysex figured its pretty easy.

I wouldn't say its like a JP-8 (I had use of one for a while), nothing is. The MKS-80 is certainly one of my favorite synths though.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

boomstick wrote:you guys have lots to say. i am not expecting everything i want in a synth for $300, i was just saying that i had seen virus Bs for that amount. the nord lead sounds very nice. is there a major difference between the lead 2X and lead 3?
yes theres a big difference, the 2 X is basically a much beefed up Nord lead, with more polyphony etc. whereas the nord 3 is a totally redesigned machine.

i'd say the 2X probably sounds better than the 3, but the 3 is a real pleasure to work with, with the LED rotary encoders and enhanced morphing capabilities. i've just bought a 3 rackmount and i'm selling my 3 keyboard, so that i can take the 3 out live (its awesome for live work) but they go for good money mate, as they are no longer in production, you wont get a rackmount for less than about £500-600, (pounds)and they usually go for more.
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

so, the nord lead 2x is preferable to the nord lead 3 for studio work? also, are there any major differences between the 2 and the 2x?
beam me up
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

If you can pass the multi timbral, i can suggest looking at Novation A-Station.
like the others, its a pain to program. but i dont think it sound thin and with a bit of the built in overdrive it doesnt sound that clean.

not everyone like the Novation sound, but i think its sound great.
I made a midi device for it in Cubase, so i can actually control every single thing with the interface, so it makes the instrument much more user friendly for me.

Im with Torque on this one.
when i bought my first synth i was thinking about TB-303.
few guys with low budget just bought something for cheap because it was suited for them and made it one of the most desired synth ever.
which i think is kind of a proof that it doesnt metter what you use, but how you use it.
any instrument can sound good if you use it right.

Stomper.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Stomper wrote: any instrument can sound good if you use it right.
true

i wish i could make every instrument sound good.