Samplers/Efx Units????

- ask away
sherman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sherman »

The Kaoss Pad 3 (haven't used previous models) is great fun, although I never seemed to use it, more just play around with it. I have never really been too into effects, but would love to spend more time with one and see how I could make real use of one in my setup.

That and my EMX are my two gear sale regrets :(
-- sherman
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

efx or soundbyte
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

wrong forum.
moved
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

I just bought a xone:92 and I love it! Would have expected more responses in topic like this. I googled the Eventide Timefactor but their promotion seems to focus on guitar players. Someone got a link to a review / sounds or other information for the timefactor that's more in relation to electronic music or DJ-ing?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

ParanoidDancer wrote:I just bought a xone:92 and I love it! Would have expected more responses in topic like this. I googled the Eventide Timefactor but their promotion seems to focus on guitar players. Someone got a link to a review / sounds or other information for the timefactor that's more in relation to electronic music or DJ-ing?
Don't use it its not a dj pedal!!!! :roll:
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

hydrogen wrote:Don't use it its not a dj pedal!!!!
Pardon my ignorance but because it wasn't made for DJ's (but guitar players) doesn't mean we can't use it as such right? I might be missing something but do we need these effect units to be conceived especially for DJ's to be useful? (I'm probably making a fool of myself by asking, oh well).

Only other (hardware) alternatives are The Kaoss Pad 3 or the Pioneer EFX-1000? The Kaoss Pad seems more like something to play around with then to seriously integrate into your setup. And pioneer... well I somehow have a negative bias against that brand.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

what's wrong with pioneer? have you ever tried using other brands CD decks? there mixers are some of the best and most popular in the market and i imagine there effects are pretty decent too.
michielwijnen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michielwijnen »

I'm not the biggest fan of pioneer mixers either but I have a pioneer-EFX 500 for more then five years and still pretty happy about it.

It's no EFX 1000 but more then enough to play around with.
Last edited by michielwijnen on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.