How has your taste progressed?

- open
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

i like Maurizio because it's perfectly spiritual, it's a unique genre, form of music. I discovered it in a mix, and fell in love with it. Now it took time for me to evolve from sh!t banging minimal to pure grooves. You need to train your ears to good music, less obvious and more suggestive.
Creditcard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Creditcard »

from 126bpm to 120bpm
Dodie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dodie »

I liked some complete sh!t when I first got into djing. That clicky bigroom minimal especially with a token repetitive beep.
Thankfully I grew out of that, and started getting into slower groovier minimal, and that eventually led me into housier sounds. I don't really cocnentrate on genre much now though, more on the general feeling of a track. I tend to like my music funky and sleazy at the moment. There just wasn't any sex in that big room minimal sound was there?
Mise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: How has your taste progressed?

Post by Mise »

miniKAT wrote:
Mise wrote:How has your taste in minimal/techno progressed?

I find as we listen, we develop our own taste in our chosen sound and mature as a listener. We go through phases as this happens and come out the other side feeling more educated/developed and maybe even sometimes a sense of superiority as our knowledge and maturity increases.

Can I ask the question, is there a bias towards a certain sound amongst the minimal connoisseurs? Is there a sound or style that takes precedence over another and a sound that they will steer clear of?

For example (for folk that know the dnb scene) generally the the drum & bass connoisseurs will steer clear of wobble and listen to jungle/amens or 'intelligent/tech' drum and bass.

I ask this as I'm pretty out of the loop in terms of the culture, politics and inter-style rivalries that may or may not go on in the techno scene and would like to know more.

:shock:
What is this sh!t?

Do u not have an opinion or a mind of your own.

Who gives a sh!t who's in the loop or what they're listening to. Listen to what you wanna listen to and nevermind the rivalries, politics and other bullshit which is usually irrelevant to the quality of music.

I think Minus has some great releases but I dont get into the politics and bullshit. Maurizio is classic though, but would u like it just because 2 people told u its great? I hope not, it should be felt, not suggested.

Progression will always come full circle an return to what you started with in one form or another.

I'm sorry for being so direct, but I just call it like I see it
I sense a little bitterness there!

I collect what I like, I don't want to steel someone's 'unique' style.

Being in the loop and knowing a little about the scenes culture and politics is nothing out of the ordinary. The 'connoisseurs' usually start the snobbery, so I thought I'd ask the question. If there is no snobbery, i'd be delighted.

You big snob
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Mise wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
Mise wrote:How has your taste in minimal/techno progressed?

I find as we listen, we develop our own taste in our chosen sound and mature as a listener. We go through phases as this happens and come out the other side feeling more educated/developed and maybe even sometimes a sense of superiority as our knowledge and maturity increases.

Can I ask the question, is there a bias towards a certain sound amongst the minimal connoisseurs? Is there a sound or style that takes precedence over another and a sound that they will steer clear of?

For example (for folk that know the dnb scene) generally the the drum & bass connoisseurs will steer clear of wobble and listen to jungle/amens or 'intelligent/tech' drum and bass.

I ask this as I'm pretty out of the loop in terms of the culture, politics and inter-style rivalries that may or may not go on in the techno scene and would like to know more.

:shock:
What is this sh!t?

Do u not have an opinion or a mind of your own.

Who gives a sh!t who's in the loop or what they're listening to. Listen to what you wanna listen to and nevermind the rivalries, politics and other bullshit which is usually irrelevant to the quality of music.

I think Minus has some great releases but I dont get into the politics and bullshit. Maurizio is classic though, but would u like it just because 2 people told u its great? I hope not, it should be felt, not suggested.

Progression will always come full circle an return to what you started with in one form or another.

I'm sorry for being so direct, but I just call it like I see it
I sense a little bitterness there!

I collect what I like, I don't want to steel someone's 'unique' style.

Being in the loop and knowing a little about the scenes culture and politics is nothing out of the ordinary. The 'connoisseurs' usually start the snobbery, so I thought I'd ask the question. If there is no snobbery, i'd be delighted.

You big snob
I didnt say u were gonna steal someones style. I just thought your first part of the post about progression was fine without all that sh!t about who's in the loop or the politics surrounding techno. Who cares...

U better off asking who's sound can people reccommend or something to that extent.

I would consider myself a connoisseur of different sound and all i care about is that a the sound brings something different to the table, thats all.

Sorry if I came off snobbish, but I just thought u were coming at this all wrong
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

A big reason I got into repetitive electronic music is because I wanted to steer clear from music that mainly was built around melody and harmony. So I tend to avoid anything but the very best melodical minimal. This tendency got more pronounced over the years.

Past year I found myself swinging back and forth between dark and techno-ish minimal, depending on... certain recreational activities. I'm going through a beat collecting fatigue at the moment, and am indulging in the dark ambient genre. In a way you could say I've gone radically minimal. :)
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

The longer I'm DJ'ing the more I love the times when I started... I still try to create the same atmosphere when I'm playing, I just use other tracks...
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

I still hate Trance! :lol: