Magda Interview

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Bob Mulatu wrote:i hope there will be a revival of vinyl and the original way of djing...i don't want to hear 5 million effects in a set.
+1

I've been listening to a lot of pre-digital sets lately from some of the same djs that are now in the digital camp. Personally, I like the older stuff more. I think the sets generally sound better & are less garbled with overlays & a ton of other things happening. Sometimes simple is just better, IMO.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by S.D.L »

Michael^Heaven wrote:
Bob Mulatu wrote: Sometimes simple is just better, IMO.
Simple is better, for sure. And there's nothing easier for kids (the future) to get a cracked Ableton/Traktor copy to play their illegally downloaded mp3's off. Why would they buy turntables and records? They're to expensive and the big shot dj's aren't using them either. Digitalization will eventually happen and there's nothing we can do about it.

But there's still a big vinyl movement going. The only question is for how long.
you are what you tweed
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

S.D.L wrote:But there's still a big vinyl movement going. The only question is for how long.
As long as Papa Sven is still alive. :)
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

The thing you need to remember every time you hear any connected to Minus talk about vinyl is that Hawtin owns a chunk of Beatport and has ex Minus employees running the company.

He can't touch your money if you run a vinyl label, but he gets a piece of everything everything you do if you sell on Beatport.

He has a vested interest is saying vinyl is dead. Vinyl is so dead right now that the waits keep getting longer at the pressing plants because they are so backed up. fck what you heard about vinyl.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

we press our own vinyls, cant be so damn hard :D
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

you guys treat the war between digital media and vinyl the same way christians treat the fall. maybe vinyl is the new opium of the masses... ;p
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

I posted some footage of Magda @ Fabric this past Saturday HERE.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
ksaen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksaen »

Technology stand alone never has been an improvement to society.
So there won't be for digital music.
It's always about the human being controlling and experimenting with technology, who is really creative.
DJs should understand music itself, its meaning to ourself and try to control two turntables first, before expanding their set with time saving functions and gadgets which promise a "new way" of creating and handling culture.

On the one hand i like how Minus tries to explore the abilities of these new technologies. On the other hand i didn't hear a good record on minus for a while. The conclusion for me is, that they should more focus on whats coming out of the PA than feeding it with stylish and futuristic equipment.

I didn't read the interview, but the quotes of Claude Vonstroke and Magda are just ridiculous.