How long to make a track ?

- ask away
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

i have sat down and fleshed out a track from scratch in about 9 straight hours.

Similarly I have also spent weeks intermittently on a track, the track in my signature Synthetik was the culmination of countless hours between 2 countries and 3 people.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

The tracks I release are usually done in a few weeks. Some are made within a month. I need time.
v.rotz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by v.rotz »

I think it depend of the time you can spend on it as well..I f I havent got so much time..try to acelerate...but usually I spend betwen 3 days and 2 or 3 weeks..

www.flumo.com
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

gooner wrote:
dncn wrote:usually an hour or two, then a revissit the next day to clean things up with fresh ears.
bastard... :twisted: with work n'all my tracks can take anywhere between 1 week and 1 year to produce....
thats what I'm talk about :!:
I hear these producers say they finish a track in 2 hours,the last one was john dahlback wich mentioned finishing a track is the easiest part for him :!:
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

4 to 6 hours when it comes, 3 days to a week when it doesnt, countless unfinshed tracks tho, I get bored too quick i think. Its about knowing when to stop too, I often think tracks are unfinshed and ppl tell me they sound complete.
rebugz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rebugz »

As I am pretty new in producing I can't really say how long it takes me to finish a track but I think it's very difficult to say at one point, ok this is it, and let it go...
:: rebugz - insane & precious ::
Spid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Spid »

It can take for me some weeks too...but i modify them later so it can take some months :)
Mats
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mats »

Usually a day or two. I've learnt to only work with my music when I feel up for it and inspired - and when I'm in that mood all the bits and pieces tend to fall into the right place quite fast. I also feel that it's necessary with some breaks here and there to be more honest when judging my own music.