WHAT DO YOU LIKE & WHAT DONT YOU LIKE ABOUT THIS SECTION

- ask away
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Depre wrote:+1

i lurked for a few weeks, mainly because im a huge noob towards production and really just wanted to soak up as much info as i could. and this section is definitely a good place to get info. ive spent countless hours researching gear suggested on this forum and reading other ppls opinions/experiences with gear.

but i guess moreover what i learned was that when choosing some gear it really just comes down to personal preference and what/how you want to express yourself creatively. one person says they hate this piece of kit and another loves it and gets so much out of it. one mans trash is another mans treasure kinda thing i guess.

so.. to answer your question i like that i learned stuff.
i just hope in time as i learn more and become more confident in developing my music/my sound that i can give back as well someday.

anything that ive disliked ive just ignored, its not that serious.
:)
+1
I really learn a lot here and it's good to see people that post here are releasing stuff so you sometimes get knowledge about the real biz..

I am a bit noob-ish when it comes down to producing but whatever you ask you will get a polite answer.. , and I feel really ashamed if I am asking a question sometimes when there are guys asking about much more advanced problems than me..
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

yeah. i like it just the way it is too. lots of give and take. lots of core regulars here, and newcomers are always welcome (agree with the tough love thing - it is necessary to an extent). i feel like there's a big bunch of people here, always ready to talk about the finer details of production - sometimes to point of exhaustion, but never too know-it-all geeky. everyone's just doing their different thing and learning off each other.

great thing about forums is that you can take it or leave it. in this section i can rely on quite a few sound opinions and comments to help me understand things or make decisions.

peeeeeeace 8)
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

... and i just noticed i've been a member more than 5 years... :shock:

time flies... :roll:
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

clubfoot wrote:... and i just noticed i've been a member more than 5 years... :shock:

time flies... :roll:
No need to roll the eyes, getting older is only a positive thing - I sure as hell wouldnt wish to go back 5 years, not in a million years.

As for this forum, my only wish is for it to be a bit busier! Other than that it's the best forum of it's kind, because it's made up of genuinely creative, productive people - not "wannabes" like on some other forums.

:-)
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

victorgonzales wrote: If anything I think ansewring a stupid question with "turn the knobs and ficgure out how a synth works" is a perfectly acceptable answer and would make that artist better if they actualy folowed the advice.
That is the best answer you could give anyone. I've learned most of the stuff about synthesis I know just that way. I've run in to tips here and there, but starting with a a raw saw wave or sine wive on a synth and adjusting parameters until I make something has taught me the most. A lot of the time, you'll make something shitty, but you end up making great patches along the way. Since you started from scratch, you retain the process and how you made it. So, next time you get a sound in your head, you can make it instead of searching presets endlessly.