The Age Old Question...

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

iainkerr7 wrote:
Themis wrote:yeah the question is why using mp3? cause its one euro cheaper on beatport?
I buy 320 most of the time because it is cheaper, but if there is a record I really want then I just get the vinyl.

I have never felt the need to buy WAV just for listening in my bedroom, would it really make THAT much of a difference?
of course not, and no matter what most of the people say, you don't hear the difference between wav or 320 mp3 on the soundsystems that 99% of the mnml-members here play on every weekend. I have played on so many soundsystems in all kind of venues to know that you only rarely get enough perfected sound that you would hear the difference, and even then it would not make such a difference that a track would lose it's effect on a dancefloor.
But I guess everyone likes discussing the theory of it all. ;)
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

PsyTox wrote: of course not, and no matter what most of the people say, you don't hear the difference between wav or 320 mp3 on the soundsystems that 99% of the mnml-members here play on every weekend. I have played on so many soundsystems in all kind of venues to know ...
LOL!
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

ok, this is probably a stupid question, but if I have some 192 or 128 and I conver them up to 320, would that make the sound quality better or is that like recording a tape onto a cd?

Thanx
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

miniKAT wrote:ok, this is probably a stupid question, but if I have some 192 or 128 and I conver them up to 320, would that make the sound quality better or is that like recording a tape onto a cd?

Thanx
It's like trying to make Cocain out of Speed. :lol:
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

Marcus Stork wrote:
miniKAT wrote:ok, this is probably a stupid question, but if I have some 192 or 128 and I conver them up to 320, would that make the sound quality better or is that like recording a tape onto a cd?

Thanx

love you STORK ! :D :D :D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Marcus Stork wrote:

Thanx
:shock: :lol: :shock:
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

patrick bateman wrote:
Marcus Stork wrote:

Thanx
:shock: :lol: :shock:
Yea I figured that.

making cocaine out of speed would be downgrading though, no? I mean instead of taking apart ur television and cleaning ur house, u might wash the dishes and change the batteries in all ur remotes and clocks.

As in converting 192 to 320 would be like standing still.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

Themis wrote:yeah the question is why using mp3? cause its one euro cheaper on beatport?
Yes.