asthma

- open
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i was into extreeme sports a year ago...bike riding and all that jazz, but i had an serious accident (almost broke my spine) so since that i can't do sh!t.

but it's a fact that sports can help asthma to go away!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

kexie wrote:i had asthma but i did yoga for quite a time, respiration exercises and it healed. i'm very happy about that cause i couldn't sing otherwise. it takes a lot of discipline and practise but it's worth, believe me

i believe it did a lot of help to you, that's why i started to think seriously about taking the lessons. :wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Renze wrote:

Asthma is an infection in your lungs and ventolin does nothing to get rid of the infection, it just helps for a short time. This stuff cures that infection.

yo renz...i'm not sure if our docotrs use that stuff... it's kinda odd to just perscript ventolin, if there's an better option. :?

so, ur saying it improoved your health?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Renze wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Renze wrote:I can get a flu shot this week because of my asthma. No flu for me this year 8)
You know it's not 100% sure that you don't get the flu?
yeah I know...but it's good to take it anyway :)
Yes it's good. You just wrote it as you were 100% sure you wouldn't get the flu.... I cross my fingers for you.
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

plaster wrote: yo renz...i'm not sure if our docotrs use that stuff... it's kinda odd to just perscript ventolin, if there's an better option. :?

so, ur saying it improoved your health?
The two drugs work entirely different, let me explain:

Ventolin takes away the immedate effects of an asthma attack, so whenever you get an asthma attack you use ventolin. However, the inside of your lungs still remains irritated/infected.
Last summer my asthma got so bad, that I had to use ventolin about 5 to 6 times a day (I'd wake up about 3 times during the night because of an attack). The maximum dosage of ventolin is about 4 shots a day. I went to the doctor and he gave me Flixotide.
Flixotide doesn't cure the immediate effects of an asthma attack like ventolin does. It does cure the inflammation in the airways, caused by asthma. I took it twice a day, and I noticed the effects after a few days (less attacks, less ventolin needed), now I use it once every day, and I haven't had any attacks since I started to use it.

So in other words, Ventolin cures the short term problems of an asthma attack, but not the long term problem of the infection in the airways.
Flixotide cures the infection in the airways, but not the short term problem of the asthma attacks.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

interresting.... well, i think i need to see my doctor and ask her about this drug. lol, this sounds like a junkie in the need.
midwestbass
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by midwestbass »

i've got pretty bad asthma - it sucks!

i take both advair & singular daily to manage it.

i know my triggers, and do my best to avoid them,
and i've always got the rescue inhailer nearby.

(and i'm getting my flu shot next week)
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

My triggers are mostly dogs/cats/horse hair, although I've built up quite a resistance against cats hair. Worst trigger are probably pollens, cos my asthma gets significantly worse during the summer.

I'm going to try to cut down on the flixotide, maybe even stop using it completely until the summer.