How to cheat in digital distribution

- open
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

ok so you cant say any names ...

hm and i think you are not going to prove some of your accusations ...

so the whole thread is about our feelings if we dont sell enough tracks

thats very thoughtful of you
it is not an accusation and you're free not to believe me.

I do not condamn the fact that you can buy your way up to the charts.
it is business , marketing , promotion , investment no matter how you call it.

I don't consider it as a bad thing as a lot of label/producers do it (not every one of course )

one can say that is a form of corruption , but there is no fairness in business.
Why waste your energy discussing talentless people who rely on sales gimmicks to propel their careers? Focus that energy on something more positive, like making better music or digging for great tracks rather than focusing on who "buys their way into the top 10."
i don't meant to say "bought charts" are made of bad tracks , it is just that , nowadays even if you produce very good tunes , if you lack of visibility , you wont sell anything , cause you need to buy in order to sell/

even underground techno distribs must earn bucks ...

being a whistleblower is fun and all, but unless you personally have been cheated, i really see no point in any of this.
i just find it is funny to know how the system works but you have the right not to care about it of course
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

camus wrote:
being a whistleblower is fun and all, but unless you personally have been cheated, i really see no point in any of this.
i just find it is funny to know how the system works but you have the right not to care about it of course
But you're really telling something that people don't know, this thing has been going on for ages, so it's nothing new.
I'm just asking you how to do this on Beatport or some of the other digital stores (remember that Beatport sits on the biggest part of the digital market, so I'm not sure many of the other digital stores is that important here).
I can tell you that we for almost every release have banners on Beatport, but we don't pay them because of this... I don't have 150 different accounts on Beatport so I can buy my own tracks etiher... so come on, spill the beans?
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

sorry, what is beatport? i don't know what you are talking about... :lol:

oh yeah , that shop , number 1 seller of digital techno ...

If you want do to business with them maybe you should contact them ;)
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

You never have to buy your own tracks on Beatport to climb the charts. Just make good music and promote the hell out of it. If that's not good enough, then shop it to a label who can do the job a little better. I think what you're experiencing is stereotyping. You heard about a few labels that are maybe medium-sized at best, maybe 1 huge label also, that practice this method so you assume it's the law of the land. The fact is, majority of the labels don't purchase their own music. It's too difficult, too time consuming, and too costly. This sort of hustling will more than likely be found on the booking level rather than the production level.
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Who cares about f..in' charts? Especially these days with the hundres of dj/producer wannabees having their own "lables". Charts are commercial!
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

BeatBoxBaby wrote:Who cares about f..in' charts? Especially these days with the hundres of dj/producer wannabees having their own "lables". Charts are commercial!
That's the essence of what he/we're talking about...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

camus wrote:sorry, what is beatport? i don't know what you are talking about... :lol:

oh yeah , that shop , number 1 seller of digital techno ...

If you want do to business with them maybe you should contact them ;)
Okay.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

...and here I was assuming that crappy music made its way into charts because too many people have crappy taste in music?... :lol: