Final Scratch&Tractor into Ableton?

- ask away
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

yeah you can do that. you'll need 2 computers. and something in the path of final scratch to generate midi clock, assuming you want the ableton efx to be bpm-driven.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

If you just want ableton for the FX, then you might as well just look into getting a real FX processor and a decent mixer...

more versatile for the purposes you are talking about.
schweid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by schweid »

g wrote:yeah you can do that. you'll need 2 computers. and something in the path of final scratch to generate midi clock, assuming you want the ableton efx to be bpm-driven.
i'd like to do that
not only that but to mix loops in ableton with records..
but my question is, what can i use to generate that midi clock to match ableton's speed?? no one gives me a concrete answer except for "hawtins ctrl mixer does it", "xone:3D will be able to do it" or "red sound bpmclock sort of does it but doesnt work very well"... how do i do it right now and efficiently?
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

the redsound things will do it, yeah.

one of the other easy/good options is use one of the newer korg electribes. they have a bpm/midi functionality doohickey that works well.
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

schweid wrote: sort of does it but doesnt work very well"... how do i do it right now and efficiently?
the technology is not here yet. Give it a few more years. Unless you have loads of money.. than its not a problem. and one of the other answerws will do it.. like hawtins mixer
---> My album is out now on Beatport and iTunes. <---
fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

g wrote:yes you can use them simultaneously, or beat match between the two.
And whatabout both, I mean use Traktor and Ableton on the same computer (with a multiple output soundcard) and same midi clock ? It would be a dream if that would be possible, because the sound of mp3s is so much better on Traktor, and it's much easier to start anywhere in the track, and you don't have to correct the warp marks. But I guess I'm dreaming
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

fromkaraoketostardom wrote: And whatabout both, I mean use Traktor and Ableton on the same computer (with a multiple output soundcard) and same midi clock ? It would be a dream if that would be possible, because the sound of mp3s is so much better on Traktor, and it's much easier to start anywhere in the track, and you don't have to correct the warp marks. But I guess I'm dreaming
This has been my dream for quite a while now. It's not quite possible to do it on the same computer for a couple of reasons:

1. it takes a lot of cpu. a lot of laptops just can't handle it (mine can't)
2. the midi clock exported by traktor is garbage, so live really doesn't keep synced very well

One possibility for getting over #2 would be to use something like the red sound micro sync, which detects bpm and sends the midi clock.

I'm hoping this gets worked out very soon. It'd be in Native Instruments' best interest to get this working, because there's a ton of DJs that want to get this working.
fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

Yep, I think something like Rewire for Cubase, Reason & Live would be a good option...well maybe not, I have some little glitches when I use Live with Cubase via Rewire, just when I switch between the 2 programms. Come on Native & Ableton guys, same city, same interest in making software that change the way we play / make music, co-operate, please !