:arrow: save your own presets on your synths
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Having a perfect control over your music

Post by trak660 »

Dragonsand wrote:
So my question to you is :

Do you, with time, know exactly how to create a sound you want, or do you still create with a huge part of random?
Once you fully master the functions of a particular piece of gear/software, you will hear a sound in your mind and know pretty well how to achieve it.

There's nothing wrong with getting comfortable with a particular set of instruments or drum sounds. Some people never look beyond the classic TR-909 and Yamaha FM and still sound fresh every time.
Carl Smart wrote::arrow: save your own presets on your synths
This is a good way to remember your settings/effects for use in future songs. It can provide a quick start to go off of. 8)
ksaen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksaen »

I don't have melodies or songs in my mind, when is start a track.
I have always ideas, like "how about making the white noise with a shower head". These ideas let me begin a process. Its more like having a concept, than having a imagination of the final track.

But i know the same problem. In your case, i try to find this particular sound, but i don't waste too much time in it.

Most of the time i create little loops, with my own synth presets, which work as a sound library. After a few months its always fun to look back and combine some of these sounds.

Sometimes i begin with making a house track and end making a very slow pop song. But it doesn't matter.

Trying different patterns and sounds and testing every single track of my song is very important for knowing that it was the right decision to leave it like that.

You can't design something only with your head. You have to get your ass down and try, combine, experiment till you know that you made the right choice.