Logic vs ableton.......

- ask away
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

pizzamon wrote:... at the moment I'm trying really hard to eliminate the computer from my studio. As it is, all I'm using it for is multitracking...
I am not alone!!!! :D

Well done mate!
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

I agree with u darzh, I always seem to find a way to blame Ableton for not being able to produce a " professional sound", or that it is slowing my workflow down, but the reality is that it's my lack of understanding or experience that is the problem!!!! I read a book on live and the author started the book saying" Ableton can do it, you just don't know it yet". I'm gonna try and have faith in this quote and experiment some more. I'd still,however, love to hear opinions from those who have tried them both .
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

victorjohn wrote:
pizzamon wrote:... at the moment I'm trying really hard to eliminate the computer from my studio. As it is, all I'm using it for is multitracking...
I am not alone!!!! :D

Well done mate!
It's a difficult thing to do, unless you are good at tape editing, which I'm not. Good luck.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

Ableton is the top workflow enviroment until date for me, but when it comes to render I think in the summing process there is nothing compare to pro tools or logic.
Minimal Purpose
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Purpose »

I use Logic and Ableton but for me, with hardware synths, i prefer to work with Logic. The best is use both in rewire.

For mixing and pre-mastering, i prefer Logic too.

But, you can make the same work in all the Daws (just have imagination).