Marco Carola

isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Once again, the ignorancy level on this forum has reached a new high. Some of Carola's first and finest records were minimal techno, and he has been into minimal longer than the drummy stuff. I love how everyone on this forum is afraid to break out of their casted mold.
How nice to call some people you dont even know ignorant. I never said this post was wrong or that carola is or was not minimal. Don't be a fool, we are open minded here, and i'm sure 80% of the people here also listened to techno a lot and know Carola's stuff maybe even better than you. But we want this forum for minimal related stuff. There are so many techno forums out there. Just google for it and you will find thousands of pages. What you are saying is total bullshit.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

isabella wrote:How nice to call some people you dont even know ignorant. I never said this post was wrong or that carola is or was not minimal. Don't be a fool, we are open minded here, and i'm sure 80% of the people here also listened to techno a lot and know Carola's stuff maybe even better than you. But we want this forum for minimal related stuff. There are so many techno forums out there. Just google for it and you will find thousands of pages. What you are saying is total bullshit.
Hey, I call ignorant comments when I see 'em. 3 in this thread so far and I am sure I could pull a million more out just looking through a few threads.
isabella wrote:i guess he's just too techno, that's why
xShamrockx wrote:heheh Carola on a minimal board
patrick bateman wrote:some of the Questions could be okay to play now.
Way to go on being a daring DJ. Follow the rest of the dead fish. Dig deeper, even beyond the Question records and you'll find minimal jems (without the "techno drive") that work the crowd just as well as the new pokerflat or whatever else is trendy at the moment.

Why should some of the Question records be "okay to play now"? Were they not okay to play in the past? Are they trendy enough now?

I'm not trying to be a dck here. I just can't believe that people are so quick to shun artists like Carola and/or Beyer (read beyer thread) just because they were better known for other output. That's ignorancy. Plus, I'm trying to stress the fact that if you want to stand out for the million other minimal DJs you need to search beyond the latest and greatest minimal records. A lot of those harder techno guys have done minimal for so many years before it got trendy. Go back and search through those crates of old techno and you'll find some great stuff to play taht will fit with your sets now.
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

hear hear !
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
isabella wrote:How nice to call some people you dont even know ignorant. I never said this post was wrong or that carola is or was not minimal. Don't be a fool, we are open minded here, and i'm sure 80% of the people here also listened to techno a lot and know Carola's stuff maybe even better than you. But we want this forum for minimal related stuff. There are so many techno forums out there. Just google for it and you will find thousands of pages. What you are saying is total bullshit.
Hey, I call ignorant comments when I see 'em. 3 in this thread so far and I am sure I could pull a million more out just looking through a few threads.
isabella wrote:i guess he's just too techno, that's why
xShamrockx wrote:heheh Carola on a minimal board
patrick bateman wrote:some of the Questions could be okay to play now.
Way to go on being a daring DJ. Follow the rest of the dead fish. Dig deeper, even beyond the Question records and you'll find minimal jems (without the "techno drive") that work the crowd just as well as the new pokerflat or whatever else is trendy at the moment.

Why should some of the Question records be "okay to play now"? Were they not okay to play in the past? Are they trendy enough now?

I'm not trying to be a dck here. I just can't believe that people are so quick to shun artists like Carola and/or Beyer (read beyer thread) just because they were better known for other output. That's ignorancy. Plus, I'm trying to stress the fact that if you want to stand out for the million other minimal DJs you need to search beyond the latest and greatest minimal records. A lot of those harder techno guys have done minimal for so many years before it got trendy. Go back and search through those crates of old techno and you'll find some great stuff to play taht will fit with your sets now.
But you are one ;)
Please try and read the post again, you're totally off track here, and also try and read some of Isabella and my posts again, then you'll see that we're not only into the mini-minimal stuff. We also like other stuff. I have been dissing people because they wrote that this and that wasn't minimal enough, so please come back when you know what you're talking about.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Were they not okay to play in the past?

You can't read?
patrick bateman wrote:I was a big fan of his stuff 6-7 years ago when I was playing all the looping mono techno.
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

"when I WAS playing the loop mono stuff" clearly indicates that you put Carola's work under that category and no other.
At the time, the loop mono stuff was trendy, just like "minimal" is nowadays. The question you ask "is it ok to play this again?" shows you wouldn't do so if enough people tell you it's not ok to do so.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

roebin de freitas wrote:"when I WAS playing the loop mono stuff" clearly indicates that you put Carola's work under that category and no other.
At the time, the loop mono stuff was trendy, just like "minimal" is nowadays. The question you ask "is it ok to play this again?" shows you wouldn't do so if enough people tell you it's not ok to do so.
yes, looping mono techno = minimal techno IMO

haha, this thread is funny. Let's continue, but please take a look at some of my others posts, and you'll see what I mean about minimal music contra non-minimal music.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

isabella wrote:I never said this post was wrong or that carola is or was not minimal.
And again...

Could you please read better what we say? Or are you trying to make your own interpretation of the text?

Was this topic prohibited? Moved to trash? Moderated in some way?

Keep in mind that when we speak about an artist we speak about all the facets of an artist. As a dj, and as a producer.
I never felt enthusiatic to go to see Carola djing. Same has always happened to me with his productions. Carola was never my cup of tea. Not then, not now.

Do I have to agree with you just because you think I follow trends?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

isabella wrote:
isabella wrote:I never said this post was wrong or that carola is or was not minimal.
And again...

Could you please read better what we say? Or are you trying to make your own interpretation of the text?

Was this topic prohibited? Moved to trash? Moderated in some way?

Keep in mind that when we speak about an artist we speak about all the facets of an artist. As a dj, and as a producer.
I never felt enthusiatic to go to see Carola djing. Same has always happened to me with his productions. Carola was never my cup of tea. Not then, not now.

Do I have to agree with you just because you think I follow trends?
You are a trendy girl :wink: