mutek 2009 :: tips/advice

- open
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

Depending on how old you are, Notre Dame_Basilica in old town is a beautiful place to pop the question (and I'm not even religious). Good luck on the Marriage, been married for 5 years and 1 kid. It's a FULL time J.O.B., so make sure you take your time (I waited 12 years!).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_Basilica
dela
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dela »

awesome. that place looks beautius!

and thanks for J.O.B. advice... heh... i'm 32, we've been together for 5 and we also have a 13 month old already... its 'time' & we (obviously) dont get to travel much anymore... and we need our music festivals being trapped in milwaukee... so our annual vacation usually coincides with one... this will end up being a triple whammy i guess. lo.l
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

I'm 36 and in OHIO. Howdy partner...and yes, there is resentment towards Americans there, unless your spending about 5 g's cleaning out their record stores (then they were nicer to me ;) ). It's understandable, as they are trying really hard to save the old culture and language.
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

I'd like also to hear rumors about the line up but it still quiet... check this on www.mutek.org
it should be wonderfull.

I feel sad when I read about anti pathic feelings against american people. It still we can find antpathic people every where about every origins, colors, religions, music preference, etc..
Montreal is really a quiet and nice place to have fun and meet happy people. Mutek is on of my best moment to meet people from the planet. So be free to be yourself.
For my personnal experience, I met in Mutek 2008 a guy from Texas last year and I saw him again in Berlin this summer. So nice to meet Funky globetrotter people.

I'd engaged my wife 10 years ago in a little park near from the old port. It's a little bit "funny-romantico-quetaine" and soooo lovely. The top of Mont royal is also nice. You could also make your demand at the pic nic during a set in the public phone bubble in front of the dj boot.

have fun and stay in touch for this Mutek edition.

(Your wife should be very interesting in the futur to read this topic)
;)
tabula rasa
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

element.8 wrote:
montreal is still separatist
there are "seperatist people" and people who vote for that party..but Montreal is not seperatist...haha what the fck man... :roll:

as for a perfect place to propose, id agree with the old port being a picturesque setting to do the job, that or on the top of mt.royal also mentioned before, where you can have a view of the whole city and have a moment to yourself & your loved one. (although it might still be chilly up there in march...)

ill definitely add more to this thread later but i gotta head out..
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

[quote="element.8"]montreal is still separatist, and last time i was there, there were small pockets of people that were a little...umm...unfriendly to americans. [quote]

hmm...
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

Yup, that's true, Montreal is the least separatist region in all of Quebec, because 90% of English speaking Quebecers live in Montreal.
dela
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dela »

dav.id wrote:You could also make your demand at the pic nic during a set in the public phone bubble in front of the dj boot.

bwahaha! now that would be hilarious... although more likely something i would have done, say, 12 years ago or something. heh. too funny. (besides we will probably be on very little sleep at that point. ha.)

dav.id wrote:(Your wife should be very interesting in the futur to read this topic) ;)
yes, i will have to show her. it will definately be interesting to her.

thanks again everybody. so far the top of mont royal sounds the best, and totally my style... a quiet, peaceful view of the city.

...and predjudism doesn't bother us that much. we used to globe-trot a ton (before the kiddo) and are used to it. it helps that we speak other languages (although i'll admit neither of us know a lick of francais).