Deep Space Helsinki w/ Samuli Kemppi & J.Kusti

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Samuli
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Samuli »

[quote="sma"]So pre-recorded the show and then did the moderation live on air? Did you use Traktor Scratch for the mixing, if I may ask? Anyway, really enjoyed listening to the show. :)

Greetings from Germany,
sma[/quote]

No pre-recordings, totally live in the studio. We both play mainly vinyls. Serato for digital promos and demos.
sma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sma »

Ah, okay, got it now. :) I was asking about the Traktor thing because the transitions in this mix were much smoother than in the other ones, so I thought that you maybe switched technologies recently. :)
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

sma wrote:Ah, okay, got it now. :) I was asking about the Traktor thing because the transitions in this mix were much smoother than in the other ones, so I thought that you maybe switched technologies recently. :)
no. personally I think playing with traktor is a bit like cheating. it´s like handing out vinyls to somebody else who can actually play them out when you can´t do it yourself. :D

I don´t mind if someone else is playing with traktor, they just don´t get that much respect from me, that´s all. no pun intended, Traktor people.
sma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sma »

I don't think that I can really contribute much to that discussion, as I started out using Traktor and still do. I buy vinyl, but I'm can't really say that I feel comfortable playing it out yet. Also, I think that I don't really care about what somebody actually uses if I get the vibe and am into the music basically. :)
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

sma wrote:I don't think that I can really contribute much to that discussion, as I started out using Traktor and still do. I buy vinyl, but I'm can't really say that I feel comfortable playing it out yet.
you´ll get the hang of it, I´m sure. and then you´ll see how much more fun it is. :D yeah, I guess it don´t matter that much if you´re just listening to music. to eaches own. :)

this week´s show will be up next week alongside next week´s show. but until then, enjoy these links here.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

unfortunately the 5.2.2009 show is lost for forever but we managed to save the 12.2.2009 show hosted by Samuli Kemppi so here´s the link:

http://samulikemppi.com/basso%20archive ... 120209.mov

this show had a special "in love and getting married" theme because Samuli got married the day after this show. it´s a tribute to his lovely wife so best of luck to both of them!

and here´s the tracklist:

1. sam & gigi - paradise - aquarius
2. lil''louis - french kiss - ffrr
3. queen b feat liz torrez - don't let love pass you by - streetside
4. kerri chandler - digital love affair - large
5. redshift - standing still - gourmet
6. mr white - the sun cant compare - alleviated records
7. dynamic - lift me - nervous
8. luomo - body speaking - force inc
9. a:xus - when i fall in love - guidance
10. gino soccio - theres a woman - wb
11. a:xus feat naomi - you make me feel like - guidance
12. miguel migs - take me to paradise (trouble men vocal mix) - naked music
13. sam & gigi - love vibes - drenched
14. gat decor - passion - way of life
15. sandy b - make the world go around - champion
16. inner city - big fun - 10 records
17. joe smooth - promised land - obelisk
18. egyptian lover - the lover - egyptian empire
19. laurent garnier - the man with the red face - f-communication

enjoy!
Last edited by juhokusti on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sma »

Juho, thanks for the heads up on the new show. Downloading now and really looking forward to the special "love" edition. :) The link though doesn't seem to work properly, so I had to go to the website first and download it from there.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

thanks, sma. will fix the links a.s.a.p.!