music production and health

- ask away
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

I used to smoke and smoking and making music is a very bad couple: thinking and composing my track in front of my computer, I was able to smoke from 10 to 15 cigarettes during a session (8 hours). I could lighten a cigarette just after finishing one without noticing it!
I'm still smoking a bit today (max 1 or 2 cigarettes a day) but I have some restrictions like never smoking in my flat (it helps a lot).

I also try to compensate the lack of physical exercise when composing by having at least 30' of walk a day or 1 hour on bike.

I have no back pain but fist pain because of the use of mouse.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

humeka wrote:I used to smoke and smoking and making music is a very bad couple: thinking and composing my track in front of my computer, I was able to smoke from 10 to 15 cigarettes during a session (8 hours). I could lighten a cigarette just after finishing one without noticing it!
I'm still smoking a bit today (max 1 or 2 cigarettes a day) but I have some restrictions like never smoking in my flat (it helps a lot).
I quit a few months back because I was smoking way to much while producing, i was going through about 50grams of tobacco in only 3 days........sick! It took me ages to get used to making tracks without smoking but I found the occasional herbal cigarette (nicotine free tobacco) helped during the transition period.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I use to play/do things on the Comp for years now!

I got a bad back , smaller eyes and my asthma went worse!

I am a Nonsmoker and everything I do after work and sitting in front of the comp for 8 hours is going for a walk for 1 Hour and I am fresh and healthy again!

Fresh air can do a great job! believe me! Just half an hour a day :o
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

steevio wrote:i try to walk up the mountain behind my house every day, if i miss a few days i start feeling sht.
dayum... dat sounds pretty impressive. haha... ;)
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

humeka wrote: I have no back pain but fist pain because of the use of mouse.
You might want to try one of those small gel wrist rests. I bought a 3M one like... 8 years ago and it still looks new. Don't know how I'd live without it.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

i can work 12h+ per day in front of the computer. There's nothing like yoga to help...
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I paint cars all day and it is strenuous to my body so sitting in a chair four hours a night is a relief to me.
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

Smoking while producing is bliss! Luckly I only really smoke when Im also drinking so its never been a habit to smoke/produce but the odd session with a few beers and a few tabs when your too skint to go to the pub can be a load of fun!

I am in my first desk job (over a year now) and have seen the worst health degeneration in my life to date... I used to work in senic painting which was good exercise and I worked out for about 1 hour a day after work so I can safely say that using a computer has effected me a lot. However, when I was only using computers to produce/design it didn't really effect me, it was only for about 3-5 hours a day and if Im producing am standing up a lot of the time, is working in an office that f*cks you!