Do you ever get burnt out on music?

- open
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

Did you try some silencer moment?
many occasion to listen silence in a day. Toilet, meal, love, nature, contemplation... You could find some adaptation before an overdose.
tabula rasa
BigPoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

Yes, I deliberately don't use an mp3 player so that I have a break when moving around. I think you loose your objectivity if you're constantly listening to stuff. The only thing is it's fcking annoying having to listen to other peoples' music on the tube but worth giving your brain a rest nonetheless.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I get burnt about 98% of the time from my tracks. I sometimes need 3 months break of production too. I basically spent 2008 not doing much because i needed time off recup from the 07 burnt...
take it easy!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

BigPoe wrote:Yes, I deliberately don't use an mp3 player so that I have a break when moving around. I think you loose your objectivity if you're constantly listening to stuff. The only thing is it's fcking annoying having to listen to other peoples' music on the tube but worth giving your brain a rest nonetheless.
spot on.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
BigPoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

pheek wrote:I get burnt about 98% of the time from my tracks. I sometimes need 3 months break of production too. I basically spent 2008 not doing much because i needed time off recup from the 07 burnt...
take it easy!
Wow, that takes a lot of discipline. But 2009 should be a good year right :P
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I used to be a huge chronic (*) smoker...

since I've put that down I find it's completely necessary to listen to music to stimulate my mind... it's an absolute must..

I've been burn out before and enjoyed intake of jazz and such - however I haven't in a long time..

I tend to listen to new music 6 hrs a day..

for the past 4/5 years...

music before tv..

:)
Last edited by John Clees on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oblak_21
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by oblak_21 »

apanell wrote:sometimes i need a break from techno and retreat back to rock/pop/jazz/blues/etc
word. same here..even some hip-hop...or some old songs from dead or half-dead singers
brownlow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by brownlow »

I was at the record shop today and I picked out a reboot remix and was told, "oh this other reboot stuff is also pretty hot", and it was EINFACH 002, with the Moloko sing it Back and Nina Simone sample that I think has been hyped up so much this year. Anyway, as interesting as the record was, I wasn't inclined to buy it. I did think, oh if I played this at a party people would go wild, which then set me in a train of thought about why exactly I'm buying the records I buy, and really began scruitinising each record I was listening to at the shop. Ocassionally, if I like a "big" track (I did resist buying Trompeta) I might buy it purely because it is a great feeling to see people go wild for something. Not to say I buy these records on a whim...by "big" I mean either hyped, or just stuff that I find very dancey and catchy, but wouldn't necessarily play more than 5 or 6 times... But its an empty feeling unless it's played out in the right context. So as a result I ended up listening for hours at three different shops and came out with three records. Usually spending this amount of time browsing through old and new records I would buy twice as much, but I had a really hard time about it and realised...uh oh...It's not the records I'm buying, I've been listening to far too much techno recently! Which I have! And thus, on the train home, iPod out... Brahms. I'm a big fan of classical, but lately it's just been techno techno techno and though it's such a creative and expansive genre with so many new and interesting things to listen to each week, the format does eventually take it's toll and one does need a break!
So off to the pub without ipod. Had a nice time, and now I find myself listening to a great Pherox promo on Mupa... still, I had a break didn't I??.....

which brings me to answer a question to another thread..."Why do you like minimal?" Because it's great!