mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

plogue bidule?
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

UU

Post by zarbeat »

I have had the fortune of seeing him live last year in Chicago I was about one feet away from him and from what I remember he was using scenes and just triggering them whit the triggering scene option that live offers ;you can trigger many audio tracks if you want (and if your computer is fast enough) I use the same option on my live set, its funny to see how everyone uses live in so many ways none of my friends use it the same way I do; its just amazing the capability's Live has to offer to me is the best thing that has happened to me since I went to my first rave :D
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

yeah there's not much mystery to gaiser's live set really. seen him live twice this year. he does pretty much what Stereojunk says:

each part of each track is looped. he just has to pre-arrange his scenes and can then just trigger them in sequence. maybe he does use some autotriggering too. all he has to do with the controller is tweak the fx.

i remember he lets the kick lead the way. great drums but it all got a bit linear for me. very straightforward live set.
Toob
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Toob »

clubfoot wrote:i remember he lets the kick lead the way
What exactly do you mean by this?
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Toob wrote:
It's actually a sly comment of dislike.

What I mean is I remember a few moments when the kick kind of dominated the sound. His drums and rhythms are pretty tasty I have to say. His kick drum is boring. A 4/4 kick sounds solid... pretty straight-forward though. I think it shouldn't come through so dominant in his live set - I don't remember it on any of his records.

Also, I think his sound is good for about 45 mins. Then it's time for a change of dj or something. Marc Houle is much more interesting for me from that bunch.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Toob wrote:Marc Houle is much more interesting for me from that bunch.
Actually i would love to see all of them playing more open as Heartthrob does.

Everyone just seems to play playback

Gaisers new stuff is a bit "different" but after listening a while its the same operating mode as always. Didnt figure out yet why his tracks are always that clean and full tho. Would like to spend some days in the studio if I Could

sorry for offtopic
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

clubfoot wrote:
Toob wrote:
A 4/4 kick sounds solid... pretty straight-forward though. I think it shouldn't come through so dominant in his live set - I don't remember it on any of his records.
Wouldn't that be becasue an 808 style kick (for example) sounds pretty flappy and soft on the home system and pretty monstrous over a PA ?

There's also the fact I suppose that often Artists ramp up the drums when it comes to playing live. Echospace/Deepchord added a big walloping kick to their material when they started playing places like tresor, I guess they might have had a few bottles thrown at them otherwise ;)
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

sh!t when I play live, I have a analog kick drum module to beef up my kicks. Couldn't play live without it.