Smoking ban in UK causing clubs to behave like c*$%ts!!

- open
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

wristband? thats just crazy sh!t
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Android wrote:I can't stand smokers, its an absolutely disgusting habit

I was in NYC last weekend and really enjoyed being out at a club
and not smelling like an ash tray when we left!
(NYC has many other awful smells however)

Clubbing in the Southern USA (Tobacco Country) they will most likely never ban cigarette smoking unfortunately. You have to wash your clothes and shower as soon as you get home from the club, else everything stinks of from the second hand smoke.
Thats not really the point though. I don't mind the ban at all as long as a designated outdoor area is provided free for smokers. Its the freedom of the individual to smoke if he/she wants in my opinion. None of this stuff is necessarily stopping smokers, its just fleecing them for more cash!
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Oh man don't let Bloomberg see this. He'll have us all paying to light up outside with no re-entry so you pay again also along with the $3 or $4 tax already on the pack.
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

hotpace wrote:
Android wrote:I can't stand smokers, its an absolutely disgusting habit

I was in NYC last weekend and really enjoyed being out at a club
and not smelling like an ash tray when we left!
(NYC has many other awful smells however)

Clubbing in the Southern USA (Tobacco Country) they will most likely never ban cigarette smoking unfortunately. You have to wash your clothes and shower as soon as you get home from the club, else everything stinks of from the second hand smoke.
Thats not really the point though. I don't mind the ban at all as long as a designated outdoor area is provided free for smokers. Its the freedom of the individual to smoke if he/she wants in my opinion. None of this stuff is necessarily stopping smokers, its just fleecing them for more cash!
fair enough, but if its a money issue maybe its time to quit

then you'd have more money for records or bandwidth :D
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

hotpace wrote:
grace anxiety wrote:someone got shot at that venue a week before that minus event. the strict policy was probably because of that,
I don't see how the 2 incidents connect? But even if they do, theres nothing anyone can say to detract from my main point of fleecing the clubber in the name of 'the law'. Even if they have to take fingerprints and sht like that, whats the excuse to charge a fucking quid for a pointless wristband? One club starts the trend and the others will follow unless someone makes a song and dance about it, you mark my words! A year from now it will be the norm to pay an additional £5 to get hearded into a smoking area!

Wrong wrong wrong!! :x
the clubs are now forced to build outside areas to cater for the smokers, the dollar has to be passed on to someone and i'll be fucked if my covercharge goes up to cover someone who chooses to still smoke after repeated warning from health officials of it's ill effects.

I mean everyones free to do what they want to, but i shouldn't have to pay for it
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

the clubs are now forced to build outside areas to cater for the smokers, the dollar has to be passed on to someone and i'll be fucked if my covercharge goes up to cover someone who chooses to still smoke after repeated warning from health officials of it's ill effects.

I mean everyones free to do what they want to, but i shouldn't have to pay for it[/quote]

fair point.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

That is just ridiculous.
But its good with smoking ban inside clubs, probably the best thing that happend to Sweden for ages in my opinion.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

:shock: wow
wristbands for a fee + fingerprints = w t f
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...