New Macs Announced

- open
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

i like it too - looks just like my vaio ;) - lol

as for the features - macbook pro is looking good - quicker processor (2.8 ), and better ram (DDR3)...

what was everyone expecting? many of you seem so disappointed...
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
Lord_Iron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lord_Iron »

[((-))] wrote:The new 13" macbooks don't have Firewire.

Lame.
really??

That´s really bad......how do you do then if you wanna connect for instance a firewire audio interface? Not possible at all??
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Lord_Iron wrote:

Lame.
really??

That´s really bad......how do you do then if you wanna connect for instance a firewire audio interface? Not possible at all??
I guess they want to separate the pro's from the normal one with firewire etc..
I don't like the new design, and am not impressed with the new features... happy I got my mbp some months ago...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

...and the MBP has ONE (1) FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps) :D
Last edited by Robot Criminal on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Lord_Iron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lord_Iron »

patrick bateman wrote:
Lord_Iron wrote:

Lame.
really??

I don't like the new design, and am not impressed with the new features... happy I got my mbp some months ago...
Yeah that´s what it seems like. But for me (and I think for a lot of people) is really enough to have a normal macbook if you produce/perform music and not video or both. Although I also don´t like too much the design, the idea of having an aluminum case is nice and also a faster ram...but now that you will be not able to plug a decent audio card (because we all know usb cards they suck...) if I had to buy a new laptop I would go for the old macbook which actually they are even cheaper now...
and btw, the new macbookpro, do they only have firewire 800 ??
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Lord_Iron wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Lord_Iron wrote:

Lame.
really??

Yeah that´s what it seems like. But for me (and I think for a lot of people) is really enough to have a normal macbook if you produce/perform music and not video or both. Although I also don´t like too much the design, the idea of having an aluminum case is nice and also a faster ram...but now that you will be not able to plug a decent audio card (because we all know usb cards they suck...) if I had to buy a new laptop I would go for the old macbook which actually they are even cheaper now...
and btw, the new macbookpro, do they only have firewire 800 ??
I agree with you :)
I don't like the new design and the new features is not THAT great.
I mean, cool with faster/better ram and graphics card. The trackpad seems nice too, but... a whole new machine for this.. oh well...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Lord_Iron wrote: and btw, the new macbookpro, do they only have firewire 800 ??
I guess it SHOULD be backwards compatible, don't know...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

sorry , i didnt see this thread and had a rant in the producer section of the forum

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39161

i love mac, but the black keys on silver looks horrible

they should have stuck with the all black/all white for the macbook and all silver for the pro

the trackpad is a nice update, with similar features to the iphone

but theres one massive problem with them...

macbooks have NO FIREWIRE PORT

and the macbook pros only have FW800 on them now...

i (and im sure im not alone) use a firewire soundcard/interface and also firewire HD, so to sum it all up...

macbooks: price increases all round, decrease in cpu speed, no firewire port, the now bottom of the range macbook (white model) is faster/more powerful than the next model up (crazy?!)

macbook pro's: price increases all round, dropped the firewire 400 port, glossy screen only (not good for graphics?) 17" model is the same as before the update

whats going on at apple? i see they are pushing the student market, advertising free ipods etc if you are a student and you buy a mac...

is the creative niche now less profitable and thus less important than the student/wanker market.

i like apple but im more than happy sticking with my black macbook with 4 gig of ram in...

rant over

:P