Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
kristofason wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:hmmmmm....

I got the alesis IO2 & Maudio Fast Track Uktra; both are sht
whats sht about the fast track ? (before i buy it)
I have two vista comps, one homme basic and one ultimate; on both macines you have to turn the fast track on and off a couple of times before the comp recognises the thing. strange. (Ive looked at IRQs, power management etc)

Its Ok though, if its just for home use then i wouldnt worry, make sure you turn "high performance mode" on; it lowers latency by about 5ms..
So you are blaming the audio interface for vista's problems!?

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra is a great audio interface. I use it on xp sp2(which by the way is still the only STABLE version of windows for music production) and I've not had a single problem with it. It's got superb features, enough inputs/outputs, super low latencies (I can run 2-3 ms latencies at 96.000 with all channels working at the same time).

It has great built in pre amps, and great built in hardware effects especially the plate reverb.

The inputs and outputs as well as controls are laid out very very logically.
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

Andre schrama wrote:I want a usb audio interface that is good in the club and at home.

price doesnt matter anymore just give me some ideas hehe.
if u want to play at a club, i would suggest you get a firewire soundcard. usb is just asking for trouble in terms of drop outs etc. better safe than sorry IMO. presonus firebox works great with vista via fire wire and its not pricey.
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

ferdy wrote:
Andre schrama wrote:I want a usb audio interface that is good in the club and at home.

price doesnt matter anymore just give me some ideas hehe.
if u want to play at a club, i would suggest you get a firewire soundcard. usb is just asking for trouble in terms of drop outs etc. better safe than sorry IMO. presonus firebox works great with vista via fire wire and its not pricey.
I have NEVER had ANY problem with ANY usb audio interface for any reason that has anything to do with usb or it being an external sound card. The only problems I've had with audio are due to the set crashing or due to too low of asio buffer setting. Not just in live situations but also in studio situations.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Ruso wrote:
kristofason wrote:

I have two vista comps, one homme basic and one ultimate; on both macines you have to turn the fast track on and off a couple of times before the comp recognises the thing. strange. (Ive looked at IRQs, power management etc)

Its Ok though, if its just for home use then i wouldnt worry, make sure you turn "high performance mode" on; it lowers latency by about 5ms..

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra is a great audio interface. I use it on xp sp2(which by the way is still the only STABLE version of windows for music production) and I've not had a single problem with it. It's got superb features, enough inputs/outputs, super low latencies (I can run 2-3 ms latencies at 96.000 with all channels working at the same time).

It has great built in pre amps, and great built in hardware effects especially the plate reverb.

What system are you running it on?
colinstark
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinstark »

I was thinkin about getting an esi u46xl - anyone can review that one?
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

Ruso wrote:
kristofason wrote:

What system are you running it on?
Windows XP Sp2
AMD Athlon 64 dual core @ 2.8 ghz(overclocked to 3.0)
4gb ram
It's in a shuttle case on a mini atx mobo. NVidia GeForce 8800(not that it matters)

Also I run just fine with the same sound card at 4-5ms delay on my
Intel Core Duo 1.6ghz
2gb ram
also running XP sp2.... and I don't ever recall having any issues with vista regarding the sound card.... but for some reason the gui in ableton was super slow and choppy for me so I killed vista.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Pretty much as my setup tbh....

I usually run around 10ms delay, i find at 5ms (lowest buffer) my cpu peaks too easily....

Perhaps i should bounce down more....

But yeh, i wouldnt recommend it because ive had problems...
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

the bounce is because your buffer is too low, but there's much more to the delay then just the asio buffer. And the issues you had were more then likely not in ANY way connected to the sound card.