Deep House Mix: I Always Think Of You (Hello Goodbye)

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

sma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sma »

Sorry mate, but you must have downloaded the mix you were listening to from another topic, cause this mix is entitled "I ALWAYS THINK OF YOU" and not "I AM ALWAYS REMINDED OF YOU", which is another mix of mine that I also posted here, but that was some time ago. You may have just mix them up, cause the zshare link I provided is definitely not the one that leads to "I AM ALWAYS REMINDED OF YOU", but to the one with the Moodymann track in it. :)

Well, last chance: just try out this Sendspace link. ;)
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

great selection. lots of favorites. thanks.
sma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sma »

juhokusti, thank you for the kind words. :)
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i think there's a lot of people here that would say this is minimal house or some variation of a deeper minimal style and, save for a few cuts, its not "deep house" by any means.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

element.8 wrote:i think there's a lot of people here that would say this is minimal house or some variation of a deeper minimal style and, save for a few cuts, its not "deep house" by any means.

+1

It's just that now, its safer to say you play ‘deep house’ as apposed to minimal techno/house, and rightly so, as the M word has been used to death. However those who label themselves with the D word will come across the same problem in the next year or so. A lot the stuff on Oslo/Cecille and the other big labels of the moment, I would say their more of a continuation & evolution of the minimal house/techno which has been so popular over the last 4/5 years, but as I said, it’s safer to now call it ‘deep house’
sma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sma »

I don't know, guess in the end, it's up to each one to individually decide what is Deep House and what's not. But for me, this is Deep House. Maybe with a Minimal twist, but that's just how Deep House sounds at the moment, I'd say. Sure, there's still the classic Deep House around, too, but for me, Brothers Vibe, Kerri Chandler, Moodymann and Prosumer are definitely more on the oldschool side of House with their tracks. :)
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

sma wrote:I don't know, guess in the end, it's up to each one to individually decide what is Deep House and what's not. But for me, this is Deep House. Maybe with a Minimal twist, but that's just how Deep House sounds at the moment, I'd say. Sure, there's still the classic Deep House around, too, but for me, Brothers Vibe, Kerri Chandler, Moodymann and Prosumer are definitely more on the oldschool side of House with their tracks. :)
that's probably because brothers' vibe, kerri chandler and moodymann have been making house for like...15yrs or so. they ARE house dj's and producers.

this whole definition of styles has gotten ridiculously washed away. i'm waiting for a "now that's what i call minimal" compilation to be advertised on late night television. then i'll throw myself in front of a bus.
sma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sma »

Sure, but don't you think that the discussion about styles is rather pointless to begin with? I mean, sure, some people like the way a certain sound develops, some people don't. I'd say you should just listen to and play whatever gives you kicks. :) As for me, this is kind of a blend of new and old school Deep House. New school as in Cassy or Sascha Dive, and old school from the likes of Moodymann and co. For me, this mixture works quite well. :)