i'm fed up... i beg you...

- ask away
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

john clees wrote:are you doing everything yourself...[?]

I think lot's of small labels are run this way... (more or less...)
one or two persons doing almost everything related to the label(s)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

patrick bateman wrote:
john clees wrote:are you doing everything yourself...[?]

I think lot's of small labels are run this way... (more or less...)
one or two persons doing almost everything related to the label(s)
Yeah but you need help at one point.
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

It's unfortunately going to be a hard thing to avoid these days, consider it the m-nus backlash. With m-nus in the spotlight and being the media baby that it is they are defining to the newer generation of electronic musicians what's wanted and what's cool. I feel like the modern day incarnation of minimal techno is attracting a lot of new people who were previously not into EDM, so these tracks are some of their only reference points really. What young little edm hipster doesn't dream of their demo getting accepted at m-nus? And therefore they produce this stuff and send it out on mass, not realizing that in many ways the m-nus thing is a cult of personality and a group of friends, and that they're getting ten gazillion identical demo's on a daily basis. I come from the Detroit area and used to send rich demos back in the 90's and, even though I was making straight techno back then, the tracks that he'd respond to were always my wierd downtempo material with guitars and such, he always responded to something different. I can't imagine how they are weeding through all this identical material. Well, acutally I can, they aren't!

Sorry for your frustration Pheek. I unfortunately don't think it will be coming to a close anytime real soon here *le sigh*.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I'm glad someone said it. Can't stand that sound either. If I hear it when browsing tracks, I skip it immediately.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: i'm fed up... i beg you...

Post by Zinthek »

Robot Criminal wrote:
pheek wrote:PLEASE to anyone producing and sending demos... Please PLEASE PLEASE, I beg you, STOP making that shuffling sine click/ rim / conga, arpeggiated or equivalent à la minus.

Please stop it.
the first I hear that sound in a track when browsing, skip -> next.
damn get over it asap
I agree. Tracks like that aren't worth getting frustrated over.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i think it's a different story when running a label as opposed to browsing to find new tracks.

i feel for you position pheek and hopefully there will be some rewards somewhere. definitely there are many people who appreciate the effort you put into finding new producers compared to being like minus or someone and finding a small group with a successful forumula and just running through the motions.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

ok i'll send to magda she'll play it
!!! :(
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Sad thing is i bet someone could do something amazing with the above offending noise. Something totally different and unique but only if they had a shred of talent.