What Minimal Techno Means for You? in one sentence.

- open
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Mnml

Post by Android »

JNX wrote:...

agreed.
pSsp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pSsp »

I think everyone missed the point and immediately jumped on "oh stop trying to define minimal and just let it be free" bandwagon.
There is absolutely no need for such negativity.

I wasnt trying to define minimal, i was simply trying to get a feel for how it effects different people and what people get from it, understanding how different people respond to minimal is important for me, so when for example when i'm on the dancefloor i can share and understand what everyone else might be feeling or when i'm composing minimal i can get feel for how best to communicate to people.
Nothing wrong with trying to share human understanding Negativeland!
shh pSsp
mqX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mqX »

-> Minimalistic

"Make the music sound rich and voluminous without the use of much tones (synth, bass, etc.)"

Without the use of a lot of synthies and basses etc. make the music sound as if it has has thousand of sounds and makes it rich in variety using effects for example.

Imo, today minimal is misinterpreted with "simple" music. Using "click, clack, crack, pop and scratchy" sounds is NOT minimal at all. And not very intelligent either. :roll:
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

this thread is cringeworthy
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

turning on people mentally and physically to the beats coming out of my speakers
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i don;t think there's anything wrong with this thread. in fact one of the things that has been lost in this gradual soaking up of the minimal ideals by samey copycat sounds is what minimal actually meant to people in the first place.

sure, it's become a buzz word for advertising pruposes now, but definitely the true spirit of minimal hasn't gone anywhere.

well, maybe anyway.

anyhow, to me, minimal is the art of trying to crystallize music into it's purest forms and removing anything that is unnecessary. or something.

i think most music is minimal really. especially techno. minimal techno was just a bit more concious of this fact than other musics.
Last edited by oblioblioblio on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

'only that which has no history is definable.'

nietzsche
DeCKS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DeCKS »

all my life :)

;)