PA trying to emerge in scene surrounded by DJs

- ask away
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

actually, I'm just listening to your set again - was thinking about this at work today. The promoters in your area are probably just interested in names and not taking chances. Have you tried for getting some gigs / festivals over here?

It's a great set just as it is. I really like the tracks there. I don't think you need to change anything about your music. I'll just repeat about maybe putting some DJ tricks into your performance. Nice set.

Oh, another thing. Do you usually supply a demo of this length/intensity?
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

Thanks all for your comments.
positivefeedback wrote:have you thought about starting your own label?
Actually never thought of this, but I'm guessing this will take more work and I wouldnt focus on my production skills as much as I would like. It would be cool though.

Atheory wrote:if you think its helpful i will give them a really good listen tomorrow and pm you my harshest most honest thoughts tomorrow after work.
That would be really nice, thanks!..it would be nice if you through some little background from yourself and some links if you have some music :P

fcapozzo wrote:Proba con netlabels, todas las q veas en la net. si podes enviame algun track que solo pude escuchar tu live, quisiera ver q tal en la edicion de un track.
Gracias por tus comentarios. Seguire tratando de mejorar yo se que aun estoy lejos de un sonido profesional y talvez lo que tengo que buscar es primero tener un par de releases en alguna label y de ahi vendran mas bookings. Te voy a mandar un track por PM.

clubfoot wrote:actually, I'm just listening to your set again - was thinking about this at work today. The promoters in your area are probably just interested in names and not taking chances. Have you tried for getting some gigs / festivals over here?

It's a great set just as it is. I really like the tracks there. I don't think you need to change anything about your music. I'll just repeat about maybe putting some DJ tricks into your performance. Nice set.

Oh, another thing. Do you usually supply a demo of this length/intensity?
Glad you like it. I was recently in your country and it's been one of the most beautiful experiences in my life. Hopefully one day I'll be back with some music to play. If you know any booking agencies don't hesitate and point me to them 8).
I was courious what do you mean by DJ tricks?
On the lenght and intensity I usually hand out larger and less intensity demos. This last one, is an attempt to grabe the attention of the listener with less tracks and more variaty. Not sure if the goal is met though.

As I metioned to fcapozzo, maybe I should focus 100% in releasing something and that will caught promoters attention.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

pettro

my advice would be to stop thinking about making it big thru your local scene

although i think making a live pa is nice, if nobody knows your tracks....or aware of your existance....theyre not going to want to hear an hour of your tracks

just keep making yourself better, if people dont book you, so what - more time to make music.

i think the narco sh!t has killed clubbing overnight in juarez anyway. El Paso has an opportunity right now to take back alot of what it lost, but thats another story
signatures suck
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I think the set is very good. better then most livesets i downloaded in the last few months.
i agree with what clubfoot wrote. "The promoters in your area are probably just interested in names and not taking chances"
many (i think most) producers today are dj's that only make music to get dj gigs out of it.
keep doing what your doing, patiance is the key :wink:
just dont forget, when you send music to labels your not doing them a favor, your selling them a product. if you want a label to buy the copyrights for your music, it has to be the best sound quality as possible. take your time and make the mix and mastering right, dont do it in a rush.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

All you have to do is put on a better show than a dj would. Allot of times that means that just sitting in front of a laptop won't cut it. Bring in some musicians, set your ass on fire, do back flips, whatever it takes man. It's about the performance when you're playing live, not just about the music.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

In other words: outridicule the dj.

Couldn't help it.
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

mlexicon wrote:pettro

my advice would be to stop thinking about making it big thru your local scene

although i think making a live pa is nice, if nobody knows your tracks....or aware of your existance....theyre not going to want to hear an hour of your tracks

just keep making yourself better, if people dont book you, so what - more time to make music.

i think the narco sht has killed clubbing overnight in juarez anyway. El Paso has an opportunity right now to take back alot of what it lost, but thats another story
Yes I think I'll be dedicating my self to release something somewhere and make more connections besides Juarez. And hopefully gigs will come with time.
El Paso might have a good chance, eventhough I do not see techno, mnml going in El Paso that much. Would be cool though. Juarez still pretty good techno (Fairmont comming in a couple of weeks 8) )

Hey man are you still releasing? Update me with some links if so.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

learn to dj.

Then sneak in your laptop and live pa into the mix.

also what happens at ~20:00? teh beats they sounds like they are getting totally off time... is this a tracktor set?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest