Unwarping Records....

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

robert lowell wrote:i got some promos recently the same way... the post office put a rubberband on the records making them into a taco. i need to do some more heating and bending but they are almost playable on both sides again. if they are really bowl wavy shaped then you might be sh!t outta luck... good luck with that.

:idea: a good idea for anyone shipping records. get a do not bend stamp & a protect from heat stamp from your local office supply store. its not 100% reliable but it helps.
I'll use those stickers the next time I'll send you some stuff, cause those stickers I got from you are AWESOME !!
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

I'll use those stickers the next time I'll send you some stuff, cause those stickers I got from you are AWESOME !!

thanks, much apprecaited :oops: i'm glad you liked them.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

Got 3 records today that were bowl-shaped and/or quite wobbly (ofcourse the 3 most important records of the order I made)... also thinking about trying to unwarp these.

sending them back would cost as much as buying them new I'd guess.

pheek: 200f, how much is that in celcius? and how heavy should the items that you put the record between? to avoid to destroy the actual tracks on the record?
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 000000 »

mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

I saw some thing on the web once about putting the records b etwene 2 sheets of toughened heatproof glass in the oven to unwarp...

dunno if that was one of jesse's links, but it seems a *fairly* feasible method...
csmak4u
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by csmak4u »

thats bullshit that they would send you warpped records

if these to badly warpped im not sure if you can save them so just send them back, but usually you can just set them in the middle of your record pile and that should striaten them out
its just a hobby i picked up in the lobby
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i tried putting heavy weights for a long time on 2 that were warped but that didn't help much. and it are promo's so it's not like i'm able to send them back :) another time i went to exchange it in the shop..

i just wonder, if it takes that much to unwarp them, how fucking badly have they been treated in the mail or where ever to get that warped?!
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

hm.. i had four records that were a bit warped some months ago.. managed to get them all back to normal.

just put some records on the floor, then those which were warped, and then about 100+ records upon them again :)
after a few days there were back to normal again :)

though could imagine that it only works on records that aren't way too warped..