Contakt (Minus where are you going?)

- open
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

*Sigh.

I thought i was the only one who laughed when saw this cube thing. It's so weird to me too. :?
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

that's just ridicoulous. they look like ass :lol: :lol: :lol:

picture of the year!

i don't care if minimal music is popular or not. i also don't care to make money with. it is for me a pleasure and it is already enough!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

No I mean, i wouldn't say they look like ass.

My gf is a respected fashion designer and i showed it to her to get her opinion. Basically, she said the clothes are really nice but to her, the whole concept is a tad too much and takes away the effect the clothes could have done. To which I agree... I think for me, the whole set-up is weird... Rich's hand in front, it looks more like a video game commercial than an invitation to go in a club to dance. It really confuses me.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

still, I'm curious just how many unreleased tracks you'll be able to access on that cube thingie. For all we know there's a gigantic server inside it with fifty tracks for you to download.
Never mind the daft pictures, you have to say bravo for their marketing skills. Although I'd prefer them to put the same effort in their releases :wink:
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

yeah, total confusion. he? wht? also a little bit... childish?
makes me curious on the one hand, because I dig sci-fi things. but then I am more convinced that those blahblah is really only blahblah and it is not about the next stage of musical consciousness (what it tries to suggest somehow). maybe i will just take a good old lem and go to bed with it that evening....
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I don't like M_nus crew and releases a lot.

But, come on, take this contakt thing on the second degree!

It's surely just a marketing thing...

But! I prefer when music offers a background, a particular univers. It takes the music to a higher degree for me.

so, contakt, ok... why not, let's see...

even if this "prophetic" ambiance is too much.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

You can either pay 30 euros to access this cube thing and download exclusive tracks (wow!) or just wait a couple of weeks until they appear on soulseek etc and grab them there...

It's hard to be genuinely exclusive these days! This is just marketing bullsh*t, and I won't be paying 30 euro for the pleasure.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

One thing which did cross my mind, and which I hope does not happen, is the possibility of club nights in future only for the M-nus fan club members. In other words, you can only get into the club if you have a membership card. This is total speculation, but just taking this cube idea to the next logical step. I really hope that doesn't happen, because that would go against everything that techno is about for me. ..