heavy metal...

- open
Stan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Stan »

I grew up with Metal (Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Hardcore,...). Listened to Sepultura, Deviate, Metallica, Cannibal Corpse, ....

Just like Vermi, nowadays the only metal I listen once in a while is the older work of Metallica.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I don't consider Tool heavy metal but its the best damn live show on earth... every time I have seen them I was blown away by the music and the stage show... great visuals!!!
MANIKCHILE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MANIKCHILE »

Sneaky wrote:I don't consider Tool heavy metal but its the best damn live show on earth... every time I have seen them I was blown away by the music and the stage show... great visuals!!!
BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!
they have never tour in South america, but i've seen some recorded shows and they are amazing. also de art involved in their cds and they are all incredible artists.
my favourite band!!

it is great that some of you where or are into rock,metal, heavy metal.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

DRUMCORPS :)

i am lucky been seeing tool since....way back undertow days...
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

a friend of mine has a metal band and needed a drummer, so now i am in a band called vise massacre...we just made this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8i4yiiSDJs
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

good old metal was great. after mid 90's the thing changed too much 4 me.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

ec50 wrote:also listened to a lot of punk rock - i used to be a little skater ;)
punk rox :D
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

'gameover' wrote:good old metal was great. after mid 90's the thing changed too much 4 me.
yup, true. around 92, 93 many bands tended to sound veeeery similar (either typical florida morrissound studio sound or swedish). that's when i lost it, too. didn't listen to much death metal for a couple of years (apart from my favourite oldschoolies), but there's the odd phase when i get really addicted again.
think i have to take my jackson charvel out again :lol:

funny lil story: i'm not only a 4tothefloor dj... sometimes i have a night called "everything i like" where i play without any musical border, i. e. idm, postrock, lounge, metal, classical music, bluegrass, jazz - you name it. once i played quite a bit of metal and there was this guy really enjoying it. the night after that i was booked for a techno club... guess what - this guy from the night before turned up. you should've seen his face when he saw me in the dj booth playing mnml stuff... :lol:

oh, and this friday, beatallica are playing here... i'll give that a go :)