RIP kalimari

- wax
Raibaz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raibaz »

This is very bad news...i play a lot of Kalimari releases...all i can say now, is good luck for your next projects.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

sebastianh wrote:oh thats too bad... but why you have to shut it down? too many problems with distribution?
Well first off, I can't continue losing money on this. Selling an average of 300 (and less) copies per release makes it impossible to continue releasing more. I can't keep losing money. Good words are great to read but won't be any help in my budget.

The digital was doing fine (not great though) but then, if I have to do a netlabel, I would rather focus on Archipel who is running great.

As for other details, let's just say we had just a series of bad lucks....... to a point where we got discouraged.

Thanks to everyone for your good words. It somehow makes me regret to finish this project there but other things will come out though!
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Shame!
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

sad to hear this jp, really enjoy most of the releases on the label.
managed to get three of the 12"s (lucky me :)), and i was hoping for more, specially after the shadi release.

though i understand that you get discouraged, specially after all the trouble you went through with that release.. shame it took so long actually, from the mp3-release to the vinyl, because i think many people "forgot" the release in the time between them.

anyways, all the best of luck with archipel. one of my favourite labels, and that you will focus more on it makes me happy, but at the same time a bit "sad" because it means kalimari is no more.

and one more thing; dkll01 - will it ever come out, or?
naudio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by naudio »

sorry to hear that JP.

best of luck with everything else.
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

I feel a little piece of my tentacle has broken off
but it also means king squid Pheek will grow in other areas. All the best to you JP :!:
mean
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mean »

this is very sad :(
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

sad but...

now its time to focus on and support Archipel so labels that we love dearly don't have to end due to unnecessary circumstances.

LONG LIVE ARCHIPEL :)
xxx
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne